Camper Community Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Coleman tents are the best. I have several tents but I always bring my Coleman whenever I go camping for a metal detecting gig. Camping and metal detecting is more fun when your shelter is prepared for the weather. If youre also like me who is into metal detecting, I recommend you visit this website and check out their metal detector reviews.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Normally I use a eureka 9x9 dome for quickie weekenders; because of the ease of setup/breakdown..

Plant Tire Wheel Tent Ecoregion

For more extended camping I use an allegedly (the chinese can't measure) 10x10 canopy holding up an (allegedly 10x10; closer to 9.5x9.5) Standing Room tent;
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Tent

Its currently my favorite, due to its interior room and head height, but does take more effort to set up and breakdown...

Enjoy!

·
Registered
12 Posts
What kind of tent do you use when you're camping?

I currently use Coleman's cabin style instant tent but I am thinking about switching over to something smaller.

My wife and I switch between 2 tents. One is 20+ year old 6 person tent and the other is a quick setup Ozark Trail 2 person tent. The 20+ year old tent is preferred for space, but the 2 person tent we sometimes use for a quick setup. Both tents are NOT waterproof, but we do a pretty good job keeping all rain water out of the tents with tarps draped over and under the tents. I will get off work on a Friday night and get to campsite at 10pm and use the quick setup tent. Wake up the next day take down quicksetup tent and put up the 6 person tent that takes much more time to setup. We like to use both tents for flexibility.

I am thinking about getting a bigger tent that I can fit two Cots in plus some space, but now this is the setup we have so far.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts