CamperCommunity Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all,
I want to do an article, (for my site), about the most frequently forgotten camping items, or gear.

From can openers to tents, what have you forgotten to pack - and regretted? (and the story around it if you want)

ps. If you are a super experienced camper, or a super organized camper that uses a 3-page checklist - you don't need to tell me that. LOL

I will be glad to include a link for attribution if I use your item story.

Thanks in advance.

Gus
"Of course I trust my political representatives ... just not with my liberties or my wallet" :GAW

·
Registered
971 Posts
Things I have forgotten over the years.

lighter/matches...
extra batteries...
can opener...
toilet paper....

I have not forgotten anything in a long time. Experience helps and the fact that I buy whatever I need for whatever style of camping I do for its own kit. For example, I never take anything out of the house because, the RV has everything ever needed and my hiking/backpacking gear has all its gear it needs. I never have to borrow from another location!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Went to our campground to do some winter camping. Water and electric is shut off. Forgot the key to the generator.
Cooked a beautiful London Broil on the fire. Didn't pack a knife.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ok you made me do it .... the Reservation printout with the validation number. Yes they figured it out But still felt foolish

·
Registered
3 Posts
Forgotten camping gear

Clean clothes...they were in my duffel, which never made it out of the house:sad2: Thank goodness for WalMart in Brownwood, TX

·
Registered
36 Posts
We went camping a few years ago and when I closed up for the night I locked my keys in the truck.Lucky for us our daughter was camping next to us and I used their vehicle to drive the forty miles back home for another set.Glad I had three sets my extra set was in the glove compartment. Never done that again.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have different detailed lists for what tent I'm taking, what weather is expected, how many people are going, where we're going, if I'm going alone... and still I always seem to wind up leaving something behind. And yet these have somehow been left behind at one time or another: pillow, water jug, spare propane, enough change of clothes, flashlight and even the cooler. I'm sure there's been more, but those were the major items. Pretty bad when you've got a checklist in your hand!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Clean clothes...they were in my duffel, which never made it out of the house:sad2: Thank goodness for WalMart in Brownwood, TX
Camping in Ohio, Kentucky, West Virginia means that I am usually within 20 minutes of Dollar General/Family Dollar/Walmart. I seem to pack the wrong clothes more than anything else, such as only long sleeves and it get warm etc. Those places are good for a cheap t-shirt or two.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wine Corkscrew and Bottle opener for beer!!! Long story short we almost always camp with the kids with us so we don't usually drink adult beverages but we decided to take a Mommy & Daddy only trip for our 10 year anniversary and got all settled in to find we had no way to open our drinks LOL Luckily we found a Walmart nearby bought both and just keep them in the silverware drawer in the trailer now!

·
Registered
16 Posts
basic things like lighter/match and yes i forgot to bring knife once and yeah that trip was very hard, but then i had to improvise and thanks to all those viking series that i watched, helped me big time.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts