Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Folks!

First of all - extremely happy to be part of this community!
I am Denis, currently located in Georgia (country), I do a lot of traveling both by car and backpacking, and work in the IT area. 🛻 🎒💻

I wonder whether there are digital nomads here who love working from campgrounds, in nature, in the wild? ⛺🏔🚐
This has become my dream lately, but could anyone please advise how hard this is and which problems I might encounter? Seems this is a perfect place where I can get some advice on this. I tried it a few times already, but seems it's harder than expected :) since it's about a stable internet connection, harsh weather conditions, etc..

Would be grateful for any insight on this!!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I can't really help, much, with your question, being retired, myself, and actively avoiding camp locations with cell and/or WiFi service... 'though I suppose that a person could use satellite internet... I would be very surprised if world wide satellite service is not offered through sat phone providers or Hughes net, etc.

...Gonna be spendy though...
iridium
Satellite terminals

Enjoy!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum!

I can't really help with your question, being retired, myself, and actively avoiding camp locations with cell and/or WiFi service... 'though I suppose that a person could use satellite internet... I would be very surprised if world wide satellite service is not offered through sat phone providers or Hughes net, etc.

Satellite hot spot
iridium

Enjoy!
Thanks Joe!
Yep, regarding the internet connection issue, it seems to be clear already that it could be partially resolved via either Starlink, or some other satellite solutions. Thanks a lot for the hint!

Regarding other issues, would be great to hear some advice also from those who are actively traveling and camping while trying to also work remotely meanwhile, since I assume there are plenty of other critical issues like heat, etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts