Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
This is more out of deperation before I have the part machined myself. We have a 2007 Fleetwood / Coleman ,Highlander series ,Avalon folding trailer. The plastic end caps on the bed rails broke. On the inside it has a rounded bullnose design that guides the bedrail down its track when you push the bed in before folding it up and on the outside it has a flat end that also serves as a stop so you do not slide the bed in too far . They are grey in color and nowhere to be found.
If anyone knows where to find them it will be well appreciated. If I could I would post pictures. We use the trailer very often but have to get it fixed before the next trip.
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
271 Posts
some one here should be able to at least give you a name for it, then surely you can find one. i think i remember some one offering a web site for coleman pop-up repair parts but that might not help you much.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Welcome to the forum :) Sorry I can't help you out. Good luck.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Welcome to the forum Kududundee,

Way to help out Heruide, nice job!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks to everyone. I ordered the parts . I had to wait because they were on backorder. I finally drove to Ft Pierce to pick a partial order up and then the next weekend picked another 3 up in Lakeland. I also have decided to have them machined out of aluminum. My machinest said they are made of the same plastic as milk jugs and just wont last. So if they are made out of cheap plastic why not make them thicker at least. That is because there will be too much shrinkage in the plastic when making them solid. I will post the result of the machined ones once they are done. Thanks again for everyones responce. I had a great camping trip this last week at Sun-n-Fun airshow. www.sun-n-fun.org .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts