Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
So? Wanna know?

Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson go on a camping trip, set up their tent, and fall asleep. Some hours later, Holmes wakes his friend. "Watson, look up at the sky and tell me what you see." Watson replies, "I see millions of stars." "What does that tell you?" Watson ponders for a minute. "Astronomically speaking, it tells me that there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets. Astrologically, it tells me that Saturn is in Leo. Timewise, it appears to be approximately a quarter past three. Theologically, it's evident the Lord is all-powerful and we are small and insignificant. What does it tell you?" Holmes is silent for a moment, then speaks. "Watson, you idiot, someone has stolen our tent."
http://www.itssucky.com/camping_dont_use_tents/

·
Registered
735 Posts
That was good! Welcome to the forum kiramus.

·
Registered
107 Posts
No Tents

After Nam and being wet for 4 months at a time,sleeping under the stars which isn't as crack up to be and mud need I say more my C Class is just right and you Don't think Being Married 39 years it would have never lasted being dum LOL Crawford.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I camped with tents when I was youger (much younger) it was when you didn't mind sleeping on rocks. Now that would never work married 30 yrs, older body with issues, and love camping in our 27' Class A. Hoping when the hubby retires that we can do a bit of traveling. Silky1

·
Registered
971 Posts
Been married for over 35 years and I'm still backpacking, sometimes in a tent but many times next to the tent under the stars! How do we do it? I go with other friends and DW stays home and shops. When I can't afford her shopping, we venture out in the RV so she's with me and not shopping (as much).

I do hope your 27" Class A really isn't 27 inches long. So if it's a little over 2 feet long, I'll bet it's real wide! No wonder the bed moves around too much as you described in another post! You're lucky it stays on at all.

·
Registered
122 Posts
So? Wanna know?

Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson go on a camping trip, set up their tent, and fall asleep. Some hours later, Holmes wakes his friend. "Watson, look up at the sky and tell me what you see." Watson replies, "I see millions of stars." "What does that tell you?" Watson ponders for a minute. "Astronomically speaking, it tells me that there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets. Astrologically, it tells me that Saturn is in Leo. Timewise, it appears to be approximately a quarter past three. Theologically, it's evident the Lord is all-powerful and we are small and insignificant. What does it tell you?" Holmes is silent for a moment, then speaks. "Watson, you idiot, someone has stolen our tent."

:smack-head::rotflmao1: hahahahha that was great!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Everybody,

Yeah, I just received the message from flotteSoype, I guess someone didn't appreciate email coming in with sheeps clothing disguised.

LOL,
Silky1

·
Registered
971 Posts
Do us all a favor... when you "find there's lot of trash floating around the internet right now" you can include your posts. They are a bunch of crap and I am betting you will be banned off this one.... You should develop a course on how not to be a shmuck that posts crap on other websites, then don't tell us about it - tell your other shmuck friends.

The spammer that provoked my paragraph above has been eliminated .... so no one take offense.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Gee, I'm getting alot of spam email that say it coming from this web site, how do I file a complaint to management? I have new HP computer that I had to sink money into because of virus. I would hate to not be able to come to this web site and talk to real RV's, and get the skinny on all the goodies that RVing has to offer me and my hubby.

Sincerely
Silky1 ;-(

·
Registered
971 Posts
I think the moderator/administrator is gonna have to turn off the automatic acceptance of new members to review their applications then try and determine if they are spammers or not. Good luck with this one.

For those of us concerned about getting emails from these spammers who are only gonna get banned from this forum anyway, you might consider turning off the auto email notification from your User Control Panel. I am not too worried about it because I have enough experience to tell, but others' may not recognize these emails so quick. Be careful out there.

Silky1 - by default this is enabled but you can turn it off. There are other ways to find the new posts - just ask and we'll tell you if you are not sure.

Here's how to turn it off... Click on the "User CP option" at the top of the forum window. Then click on "Edit Options" on the left side. In the "Message & Notification" box, look for "Default Thread Subscription" and select the drop down option you want (probably "no email subscriptions").

As far as your HP computer with the Virus checker, this is not a concern for these messages, because the email is coming from the campcommunity website so it's NOT spam. It is also not a virus unless you open the email and click on an attachment that you don't trust. If you don't know for sure ask in this forum and someone will surely help. Your computer will be safe here. The admins stay pretty much on top of this crap but it can take a few hours to be handled. When in doubt, ask and when you are sure, ask anyway so you know for sure. heh-heh...

·
Camping Fanatic
1,188 Posts
All new registrations will come through me and wont be able to post until I approve them. This WILL stop. If you receive an email you are unsure about, post here or contact support (very bottom of the page) and we will nip it in the bud.

·
Registered
122 Posts
All new registrations will come through me and wont be able to post until I approve them. This WILL stop. If you receive an email you are unsure about, post here or contact support (very bottom of the page) and we will nip it in the bud.

You are awesome, glad to see the site has active admin\moderators. :thumbup1::10001:

·
Camping Fanatic
1,188 Posts
Absolutely! There are still some spammers showing up, but they actually registered days ago and are just now posting. I am here everyday and will keep it cleaned up. Thanks for reporting what you see.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts