Camper Community Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I'm new to RV'ing and picked up a 1999 Keystone Springdale Lite. It needed a little work, some roof repair, replacing some wood, etc. I've checked out just about everything on the RV but I can't find the furnace? I've checked every hatch, hole, etc. and can't find anything that looks like a furnace. The outside access has the fridge, water pump, and hot water heater, but no other access found. Without looking like an idiot, any help is appreciated. Thanks!!

·
Registered
735 Posts
First off, hello and welcome to the furnace. do you have a thermostat inside the trailer on the wall somewhere? Outside you would see a steel pipe with a plate over top with the word "HOT" stamped on it. That would be the furnace exhaust. It is possible that it doesn't have a furnace.

·
Registered
271 Posts
if it has a furnace, their will be vents in the floor or a large one near the furnace, also will be a return air vent (usually no filter like at home) and the furnace will be behind/below the return air vent. that return air vent should be the give away as to where it is.

it could have the heat strips in the a/c unit instead of a furnace i guess but usually the heat strips are just an add on.

our camper is a Keystone and the furnace is under the fridg, yours may or may not be. hope that is some help anyhow....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! Yes it has floor vents and a wall mounted thermostat. I'll check for the return vent location. I just figured that there would be an access to lit a pilot or something. Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks! Yes it has floor vents and a wall mounted thermostat. I'll check for the return vent location. I just figured that there would be an access to lit a pilot or something. Thanks for all the help.
if you got any pointer please lmk man I'm in the same boat as you rn in a 1997 gulf stream ultra 6300 love it man just need some heat cold cold air blowing but no heat and I don't understand where the pilot for the furnaces or any of that's at

1 - 5 of 5 Posts