Camper Community Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The must have for camping. Everyone has a few things that they just have to have when they go camping. I know for me I have a list of must haves that I check off everytime I go camping. Other than beer, because that's just automatic. "We're going camping......I gotta get some beer!" For me it's my pie iron. Ya it's good for pies but making a philly cheese steak sandwich in a pie iron over a campfire is out of this world. I think I'd be pretty upset if I forgot that at home.

·
Camping Extraordinaire
159 Posts
I always have to take my griddle. I often cook pancakes for breakfast, and we also use it for cooking bacon, eggs etc.. Its a must have for me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It may sound too simple, but I must have a flashlight for those nighttime walks to the bathhouse and such. Or a lantern, but this is a must have for me

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nothing is too simple here. Flashlights are very important tool to pack up. Especially if you have kids that are a bit scared of the dark like I do. Also good for shadow puppets when they are scared. It scares off the boogy man.
I forgot a lighter and matches once. I had the campfire already to go but nothing to light it with. Rubbing two sticks together was out of the question. Good thing we had good neighbours. So a BBQ Lighter I would say is a must have.

·
Registered
429 Posts
most definitely the bbq lighter. i use that for numerous things, campfires, water heater lighting, oven lighting, etc...

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can opener. Man was I mad when I couldn't open a can of beans.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Well, I would say my Camp Chef Gas Grill. I can hear you now, charcoal is what you use to camp, but I can cook everything from breakfast to a turkey on my grill. Did I mention that it doubles as a fish fryer, now what do you have to say?

·
Camping Fanatic
1,188 Posts
yeah, it is a nice grill. but, i do use my charcoal grill often for indirect cooking boston butts and ribs etc... and i also have a fish fryer ;)

i got one of them bag chair rockers for christmas, been wanting one. I have a feeling it will be on top of my list of must haves

Well, I would say my Camp Chef Gas Grill. I can hear you now, charcoal is what you use to camp, but I can cook everything from breakfast to a turkey on my grill. Did I mention that it doubles as a fish fryer, now what do you have to say?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hey, you aren't old enough to do any rocking. Guess I'll have to check it out for you.

·
Camping Fanatic
1,188 Posts
Hey, you aren't old enough to do any rocking. Guess I'll have to check it out for you.
well, after a few "adult" beverages, i need somewhere to sit and rock.

if I sit in a chair that doesnt rock, its obvious i am swaying, but in a rocking chair, swaying movement is expected and therefore undected as too many beverages

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice! I like you thinking. I'll be picking one up for myself. Bass Pro always has them on sale.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hey, that's the same excuse I used on the cruise. "That's not me swaying back and forth, that's the boat". Now I understand the rocking chair theory. :bang:

·
Registered
105 Posts
now this sounds like something I can relate to.

other than that, also my pocket knife is something I cant leave at home. I can do about anything with it, cutting, opening a can, cooking, a lot of things

well, after a few "adult" beverages, i need somewhere to sit and rock.

if I sit in a chair that doesnt rock, its obvious i am swaying, but in a rocking chair, swaying movement is expected and therefore undected as too many beverages

·
Registered
139 Posts
Cricket, I agree. You have to have a knife, this is a must. I carry one all the time, not just camping.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Tents are important. I say you can't camp without food. Sleeping bags, boats, fishing rods, water. Some people go with the maximum amount of things. When my Dad took us we had very little with us. He'd take sleeping bags, tent, boat, fishing rods, food and water. We always took coats, sometimes they were waterproof.

·
Registered
102 Posts
hmmm, let's see. If we are tent camping, I absolutely have to have the porta-potti. I don't find it as much fun anymore getting up at night and walking to the facilities so I would be real unimpressed if we left the toliet behind.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Reply:

In fact all the things describe earlier are very important in camping, but i would say, i have to make sure that have i taken my sleeping bag with me....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts