Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Well thats easy BEER :rotflmao1:

No seriously my coleman, small weber charcol bbq, coolers our washers game and of course the family :thumbup1:

·
Registered
6 Posts
a fan, no matter the temp. I sleep with a fan and it drown out noises. I must have my fan (good thing I have a rechargeable one)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I came across a must have for my dog, a pop up crate made life so much easier. I did not have to worry if the this crate would puncture the tent or how to pack the metal crate, which was a bit of a pain. I also found really cool solar clamp lights for an umbrella, that I clamped onto my tent and they worked awesome.

·
Registered
16 Posts
nice question, we can't bring evrything unless we can tow a house. LOL

I dont wanna be eating leaves for the whole trip. Should have quick cooking foods.
sun protection during the hot season

·
Registered
7 Posts
Things I can't live without

Definitely need sunscreen, as hubby has vitiligo and needs the protection. Bug spray, especially this summer. Music, a fan or two for the tent, and I won't go anywhere without at least one LED flashlight. They are so handy! I carry one in my purse and one in my car at all times!

·
Registered
93 Posts
? must haves?? hmmm.... capt. and coke, a female companion (now that I'm single again) Food, fun, and lots of good friends..... after all, memories are the one thing you take away from every camping trip

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here's another site with a pretty extensive checklist:

camping checklist - camping list
this list is nuts, you dont need over half that stuff, this list is fine if you can drive to your site, but if you have to pack your way in more than half that list has to go. I belive the topic was must haves, i dont know if they mean thing a person must have or if they mean the exta crap everyone wants to bring because they saw it used on tv. I go into the boundrywaters in northern minnesota quite a bit whatever you bring you have to haul it yourself(unless your a chick then i'll give you the light stuff)

·
Registered
69 Posts
All I really need is my family. Everything else is just luxury

·
Registered
86 Posts
when we tent we must have rope and a tarp

I use a 20 x 30 tarp raised high so the tent fits under and also I raise the lantern high to shine on a larger area :) so it takes lots of rope :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Fishing pole and a shovel.Matches and a tarp.Hatchet and a folding reclining chair.But depends on how long you are out.LOL And how far you have to pack it all.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Now those must-haves are pretty primitive. The 357 can be used for hunting game because you didn't mention bringing any food.

I also find it hard to believe you consider your wife a worm. That makes her kind of slimy and skinny. Maybe that's why you only need one sleeping bag.

But if you drink enough beer, who cares. Sounds like a memorable camping trip... :rotflmao1:

My must-haves for a trip are aka "10 Essentials". I won't bother to list them, since an internet search can find them easy enough. It sounds like what everyone has mentioned is actually things they like to bring AFTER the 10 essentials. And this can vary depending on backpacking, tailgating, group camping or RVing. But it all starts with the 10 Essentials.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts