CamperCommunity Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wood Burning Stove

I am looking for a small portable wood burning stove.
Solid and sturdy enough to be used also in winter in a RV.
Any recommendation ?:glasses:

·
Registered
26 Posts
When it is just me, I am likely tent camping. I use a Biolite stove and wood chips from Lowes (the packaged ones for barbecueing). That gets around any wood bans at the campground.

When with my husband we use the travel trailer. My husband likes to cook with the Coleman grill/burner stove with the little Coleman bottles. Like Bamps said, it is nice to have the propane stove inside the trailer, too. If it is too cold/rainy outside, it is a nice backup.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It depends on what type of camping I'm doing. If I'm backpacking, I use my small canister stove, if car camping, my coleman stove & dutch oven, if with the Boy Scouts, It can be anything goes!:smile:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I absolutely love cooking over the campfire, but I recently picked up one of these Jetboils.

What methods do you use?

These Jetboils are looks super cool. I'm using Atwood stainless steel drop-in 2-burner. Very nice little stove. As the instructions stated, you have to slightly squeeze the burner grates in place so they have a nice snug fit to reduce rattling in a moving vehicle. I haven't cooked anything yet but I lit it and can adjust the flame with minute precision so I am happy.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'm in a caravan, which is connected up to electricity. Depending on what I'm fancying for a meal, I either use my cooker and can do a roast, or grill virtually anything. I also have a slow cooker, which I can do a stew, which can take all day to do, so can go visiting places. I also have an electric griddle which again, I can cook various meats, eg, lamb or pork chops, steaks, etc, etc, and I also have a microwave, great for doing baked potatoes or pre-made meals which just need warming up:)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm in a caravan, which is connected up to electricity. Depending on what I'm fancying for a meal, I either use my cooker and can do a roast, or grill virtually anything. I also have a slow cooker, which I can do a stew, which can take all day to do, so can go visiting places. I also have an electric griddle which again, I can cook various meats, eg, lamb or pork chops, steaks, etc, etc, and I also have a microwave, great for doing baked potatoes or pre-made meals which just need warming up:)
Sounds delicious, Babstreefern!

We cook mostly inside, cook top and oven and microwave (used for re-heating mostly, but also for mug cakes though we don't take it on our less-fancy roads). And we have the camp stove with us for occasional use. I take ingredients with us so wife can bake a cake for a pot luck or something, also make muffins.

Also we recently bought and have fallen in love with out Camp Chef grill (a pellet one). We have added a griddle to as well. What we like is it can be used on a table top or on the accessory leg set. The griddle is perfect for bacon, eggs and pancakes for the two of us. The grill side works for everything else.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello!
For the 3rd year now, I have been cooking most often in my retro microwave.With a little imagination, you can use the microwave to cook meat and steamed fish, creating a variety of dishes from chicken, beef, pork, sea bass, halibut, cod, find more there.

It is recommended to add some spices or herbs to the water to flavor and improve the taste of dishes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
We are love BBQ so we have a grill. With Weber BBQ we were able to start it up, get the food cooked and get on to partying! It got fairly dirty so I would suggest spraying some non-stick spray on the grill before using but for a few times a year it was perfect! The little grease catching pan on the bottom actually worked too!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've camped in tents, trailers, pad and sleeping bag to open sky, cabins, just about every which way. I have no favorite method for cooking so I have used liquid fueled stoves, backpacking stoves, BBQs, open wood fire, Charcoal, toaster ovens, propane ovens, smokers, dutch ovens, deep fryers, microwaves, and even restaurants or diners that do the cooking for me. It's all been successful for a good meal when out camping.
Same here.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts