Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
i use a bbq grill for most of my cooking when camping and at home. i also have a cast iron griddle i use on the grill for a lot of my cooking. everything taste better cooked outside (imo)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Until my last outing, I did most of my cooking on a gas "turkey fryer" stand. It was a comfortable height and allowed for easy cooking in my cast iron pans. Im quite the fan of cast iron! I purchased a double burner gas thingy from Home Depot just before our last outing, and I really like that. Same principal and setup as the turker fryer, but with two burners.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I normally cook over the campfire or the gas grill,my wife doesn't really care for all those smells in the trailer,especially when I fix bacon early in the morning. I agree with Greywuff I won't part with my cast iron.

·
Administrator
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just got back from a week long camping trip. This time I did most of the cooking over the campfire with a cast iron skillet.

Bonfire Ash Fire Flame Campfire

·
Registered
4 Posts
a tiny camping stove with gas

I think making fire with wood is great. But i am afraid it may make a big fire in forest. I use a tiny camping stove to cook when i am camping.

·
Registered
970 Posts
I've camped in tents, trailers, pad and sleeping bag to open sky, cabins, just about every which way. I have no favorite method for cooking so I have used liquid fueled stoves, backpacking stoves, BBQs, open wood fire, Charcoal, toaster ovens, propane ovens, smokers, dutch ovens, deep fryers, microwaves, and even restaurants or diners that do the cooking for me. It's all been successful for a good meal when out camping.

·
Registered
81 Posts
backpacking i use an esbit, or alcohol stove to boil a cup of water.

Car camping, I usually just roast hot dogs over the fire.

Fancy camping (almost never) I use a coleman stove.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a grill to go I've used for years, got a new 2 burner camp chef weekender in the fall think I will like it, put the dutch oven on the fire when we use it ,

1 - 20 of 35 Posts