Camper Community Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Amen to the Coleman 2-burner. Love mine too!

Too bad newer models, (even Coleman), are going for "pretty" and "gadgety" now, instead of durable dependability. I bought an Insta-start last year that is already failing. (the insta-start part) But my "old" 2-burner is still working like a dream.

Gus
"Of course I trust my political representatives ... just not with my liberties or my wallet" :Camping with Gus

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a two burner coleman stove that was my dad's still works good as new, I also have a thermos grill 2 go we take along

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, i recently discovered this genius camp stove called a Biolite, which burns wood/kindling and generates electricity so that you can charge your phone/anything that uses USB, meanwhile there you are roasting some marshmallows, cooking your dinner or making some tea! how awesome is that!

It comes in a small version and a larger family sized one with a grill.
>Biolite Stove<

·
Registered
52 Posts
Okay, that Biolite stove IS awesome!

I recently got this Thermos Charcoal Stove. My uncle found it at a yard sale for 10.00. He gave it to me and it works great!

·
Registered
26 Posts
When it is two of us, we cook on a Coleman grill/burner combo with the propane stovetop in the travel trailer as a backup.

When just me, I tent camp and I use the Biolite mentioned above. I also carry a folding pocket stove as a backup.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've been using Etekcity ultralight portable camping stoves. I bought it on a spur of the moment value of the day-great price.

Very small comes nicely packaged in a waterproof container the size of a small can of pepper-fits palm of the hand. The stove is one piece that expands, just screw it on to a bottle of fuel and you are done. Glad I bought 2 of them, one for my BOB and one for my camping van.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Another Coleman fan. But currently I travel alone most of the times, so I found these to be extremely good.
For the summer you cannot beat an MSR Pocket-Rocket. They are extremely light and work a treat as long as you are out of the wind.

For the winter I have an MSR Whisperlight. It is an amazing stove as long as you have good fuel. The only downside is when your water is boiled the stove will not turn down to a simmer. You have to turn it off. Not a real bugbear as it really is an amazing bit of kit.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
155 Posts
If you need a stove that simmers well - and packs down small - take a look at MSR's Windpro II. I swear they adjust better than my propane Coleman two burner and packs down to fit in a one quart kettle. Another plus for cold weather campers is that it has a stand to run inverted canisters for when it's too cold and the canister can't make enough gas. I've also used an adapter to run on regular propane and even a bulk tank and it does just fine (in warm weather, of course). I like the stove so much I bought an adapter to run two at once for those rare occasions I'm actually putting a meal together.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts