Camper Community Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Maybe it is just social media these days, but I am always shocked by the debates on what is and isn't considered camping.

Some people prefer to camp cowboy style under the stars, while others may prefer a cabin style tent. Of course there are also those who park a luxurious RV in a resort style campground complete with golf course and swimming pools.

There will always be those who believe that if any amenities are accessible to you (like a hot shower) then it really isn't camping.

What do you think? How do YOU define camping?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Camping

Well the wife and I are older now and a tent was fine many years ago but now we have a Trailer.

We do not like anything called RV RESORT and avoid them. We like State Parks and COE.

WE CALL IT GLAMPING! (Glamorous Camping)

·
Registered
18 Posts
State Parks

We love the State Parks also. Here are a few we have visited not a bad one on my list.

Lake Livingston
Martin Dies Jr
Palmetto
Bastrop
Buescher
Pedernales Falls
Lake Corpus Christi
Atlanta
Palmetto
Brazos Bend

And we have planned to visit. October we are at COE in Belton.

·
Administrator
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We have some in common!

Bastrop
Buescher
Pedernales Falls
Enchanted Rock
Guadalupe River
Inks Lake
McKinney Falls

And also...

National Seashore (Padre Island)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't think putting a tent in a hotel room and calling it Glamping can be counted...
But I had no problem calling it camping when I was a kid with a sheet over a broom in the sitting room :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
I don't think putting a tent in a hotel room and calling it Glamping can be counted...
But I had no problem calling it camping when I was a kid with a sheet over a broom in the sitting room :D
Ok you got me there. but we still like to go and do what we like to each their own! Take care and most of all enjoy what you do!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I dont think what you sleep in has anything to do with camping,we have had all of them,tents popup and travel trailers. To me camping is being out in the woods or campground ,fixing your meals,the smells of wood smoke,the animals you see sometimes and just enjoying all the beauty God has created.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I like the outdoors and like remote areas. I prefer to skip the "campgrounds" with the "full hook ups" and take the trailer out where most people wouldn't drive their vehicles. We have a generator we can take but usually the solar panel is enough and there are NO humans around. When I was shopping for a camping set up, I wanted a rooftop tent that would sit on a rack over the bed of the pick up. The wife started tossing a fit and we compromised (IOW she won), for a small TT. The first thing I noticed is that it had little clearance for the sewer dumps so I flipped the axle from on top of the springs to below adding height and also order larger tires for it and we haven't scraped bottom yet. We have several camping sites we go to, one of those we recently went to and it was a rough ride getting in due to recent rains but we got in and out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts