Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

For me, camping is my escape from the outside world so I don't tend to get easily irritated when I am surrounded by nature.

That being said, there are still a few things that drive me nuts.

- Finding garbage on the trails.

- Loud parties into the wee hours of the morning.

- Fire bans. (I know they are necessary at times, but my favorite part of camping is the campfire at the end of the day.)

What drives you absolutely crazy when you are camping? :icon_smile_bbq:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Crazy

BARKING DOGS!

I am not talking about the occasional bark when someone passes by.

I am talking about the dogs that bark for hours and the owners do nothing but add to it by yelling at them!

I have Yappers (CHIHUAHUA'S) but I have them trained to stop barking and annoying others. Wish other dog owners would do the same.

Then the people who don't clean up the mess whole other story.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My biggest gripe are neighbors that stay up all night and can't carry on a conversation without yelling. I left 2 days early one time because the neighbors were just awful! I was camping in Bryce National Forest out in Utah. It was beautiful and peaceful until the neighbors showed up on the second day.

www.cherylstopdeals.info

·
Registered
155 Posts
I don't camp where neighbors are much of an issue, if at all, so no sweat there. But when I roll into a site and see broken glass and nails/spikes/screws in trees, I mutter a few choice words and do what I can to fix things. Last year, I saw that someone had shot an arrow into a tree and it made me wonder just how much of an idiot (not the words I want to use) some people can be.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts