Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5th Wheel Camper
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here in Maine, USA, we are well into winter. though in some parts of the world, it is quite a bit warmer. but i was curious, in whatever your part of the world is, what do you do for fun in the winter? (just trying to start a little conversation going)

me, personally, i used to ski, and i used to ride a snowmobile. now, i surf the internet in a warm house, and curse at the weather. ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
here in Maine, USA, we are well into winter. though in some parts of the world, it is quite a bit warmer. but i was curious, in whatever your part of the world is, what do you do for fun in the winter? (just trying to start a little conversation going)

me, personally, i used to ski, and i used to ride a snowmobile. now, i surf the internet in a warm house, and curse at the weather. ;)
Winter camping is too cold for me and my wife said she absolutely does not want to camp in cold weather even with heaters. .... so winter time is usually sports time of the year. I go see a lot of sports like Basketball, Football, Hockey, Wrestling

·
Registered
247 Posts
I used to like winter camping; but as I became more antique the cold has gotten less livable...
A group of my friends and I, used to go snow wheeling and camping in the mountains (easy trials become a real challenge when covered with snow; but that has largely died off due to people moving away and others getting too old. At this point I no longer have a vehicle capable of doing deep/heavy duty snow wheeling.
Now I basically hibernate in the winter while trying to improve the camping gear and working on home improvements....

The covid lock downs started rough but now winter isolation is not that big of a deal any more (got used to it).
I taught some friends to play backgammon and chess. We get together more or less weekly, for coffee and games.

A couple of my wheeling & camping friends come over about once a month for music, beer, B.S. & pizza... and some times a movie.

I occasionally play some old computer games if I get really bored between home projects, and reading for entertainment has made a comeback in my life.

Enjoy!

Reactions: travis.farmer
1 - 4 of 4 Posts