Camper Community Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats going on this weekend with everyone? We dont plan to do a whole lot, we went out to eat tonight, just got home not long ago. Prob. going to do a little house cleaning tomorrow, yee hooo :clapping:

·
Registered
505 Posts
I will take my son to an indoor soccer game he is going to play in tomorrow, and then... off to a hotel with a pool for Saturday into Sunday!!!!

We troll around for good deals, and in February... we get them!

My daughter is a little fish and LOVES swimming pools (hence our trip to Splash Lagoon two weeks ago).

Speaking of Splash Lagoon, Great Wolf indoor water parks were featured in an article about our current recession check it out:

http://www.star-telegram.com/business/story/456449.html

Maybe now I can actually get a deal on waterpark passes, what do you think?

·
Camping Fanatic
1,188 Posts
Thats one thing I wish we had down here, indoor water parks. We have been to several in Minnesota and they are a lot of fun. They dont have anything like that down here and our daughter is a fish too. She has been jumping off the diving board since 2.

·
Registered
367 Posts
The indoor water park is where my daughter went with her friend. She loves the indoor ones only. So somebody has a soccer game. Well it's loads of fun. We're celebrating two birthdays. My husband, and second oldest daughter. I made yellow cake, we got some wonderful gifts.

·
Registered
735 Posts
It's been a while but the kids haven't seen their great great grandmother for a year. So we went up north to Fenlon Falls to see her and took her out for dinner and had a great time. Emily has wanted me to make a snowman for her this year so while we were there, we all went outside and made a snowman. Which I think turned out pretty good. I'll post some pics soon. And it was my Nana's 99th Bithday this weekend so we spent some time with her to wish her a happy birthday. I see her twice a week once on Thursday to collect her laundry and shopping lists and once on Sunday, so she can see both Emily and Liam (her great grand children) She loves every second we spend with her. We traveled a lot this weekend and loved every minute of it.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I enjoyed reading about your visit to your Great Grandmother's. I can't wait to see the pictures. My Grandfather had a birthday party in July. He was 90, and family came from all over to go. I know it means a lot when you come from so far away. They will remember it forever.

·
Camping Fanatic
1,188 Posts
We just had a pretty relaxing weekend here too, didnt do a whole lot. I worked with my daughter on riding her bike without training wheels. She did great, she can ride it pretty good for only 2 days at it. But there is still some work to be done.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Well that is wonderful to learn how to ride without training wheels. It does take time, so you must be patient. My 16 year old got her learner's permit. But the driving lesson are horrid! I get stressed out so someone else has to teach her how. I was taught by my Dad at 13 on a shift car. He didn't plan it, just did it.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I was at a Breast Cancer Charity Event this past weekend as I support a friend who organizes it and will be at a Prostate Cancer event (I help run this one) this coming weekend.
For you ladys out there get your mamograms done, and you boys get your PSA done ANNUALLY..

Ok I will get off my soap box now!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Nothing wrong with that advice L2L, I know there are plenty of us who dont do this regularly, but need to.

We didnt do a whole lot this weekend either, did some house cleaning and lazying around.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Well she is my grandmother but to the kids she is great grandma.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Looks like yall had a blast. I cant imagine seeing that snow :) We had a warm front come in over the weekend, it hit mid 60's. But its cooled back down now

·
Registered
367 Posts
I enjoyed seeing those pictures. She is absolutely wonderful and very close to the children. When I grew up, my Grandmothers house was heaven on earth. I loved being with her every minute. She did things with us like cooking, talking to us, and going outside. What a nice snowman you made from the snow. That's a memory, for you and your children, to have always.

·
Registered
735 Posts
You're right. We had a great time. This was Liam's first snowman. It's so peaceful up there. I love going up there with the kids to clear my mind and get some fresh air.

·
Registered
483 Posts
We have so much in common antigua, I used to have a cottage in Lyndsay, just south of Fenlen Falls..

Small world..

·
Registered
735 Posts
That's funny! I know Lindsay very well. Actually that's where my grandparents and my mom lived before they moved to Fenelon Falls. I used to love going to the go cart track on Hwy 35

1 - 18 of 18 Posts