Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2000 Terry 26T and the water pump makes a rumble sound, like heavy vibration. Is this normal or is it going out?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Olesage,

I'm not sure what pump you have and how loud it is but it is normal for some water pumps to make a lot of noise.

There are a variety of causes.

1. There is no insulation between the pump and the surface it is mounted on. Solution - insert a mouse pad between the pump and the wood and screw it back in place.

2. Inflexible water tubing rubbing against wood. Solution - Where ever the tubes touch your trailer cover them with insulation foam

3. Right angle turns rights going into and out of the pump. Solution - add a pump silencer kit.

The unltimate solution is to purchase a Surflo Whisper King. I plan to install one next weekend and add an accumulator. Will post the results in my blog.

Hope this helps.

Ruide

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heruide,
I looked, and you are right on all counts! No insulation between pump and floor, no pipe insulation on tubing. The tubes are lying on top of the plastic tire shroud making all kinds of racket.
I do not know how the old owners put up with the noise.
Thanks for your help.

Olesage

·
Registered
735 Posts
I don't use my pump very often but it's very loud when I do use it. Thanks Heruide for the tips. I always look forward to your advise and what you have have to say about things like this.

Thanks again

·
Registered
483 Posts
Heruide your a wealth of knowledge my friend, I too wondered why my pump was so frigging loud :comfort_:

I will try this trick as well next weekend, thanks! :10220:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts