Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Look in RV supply stores for Black Streak remover. Our first trailer did this, and we traded it in on our current trailer which doesn't streak (I don't know why). I can't comment on how well that stuff works or what to use as an alternative but apparently others have been successful with it from posts in other RV forums I belong to.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I use a product called Korkay Awning and black streak remover. Also Awesome. You can get Awesome in a Dollar Store. They both work pretty good. Korkay a bit better. When I'm done I wash the trailer with car wash with wax.
I also use the Korkay on my roof. Then put the protectant on it. Protectall for rubber roofs.

There are going to be people that say, don't do anything to the roof or just soap and water. This what I've been doing, for years. Most of the black streaks are from the rubber chalking up and running down the sides of the trailer, when it rains. A clean roof will help to alleviate the problem. DO NOT use a petroleum base cleaner or one with citrus in it. They will ruin your roof.

I have used Simple Green in the past. I found that it streaked my decals, on the trailer, but it did work well on the black streaks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.