Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 Chevy ext cab 4.8 liter and would like to know how much weight can I tow a on a regular basis. Keep in mind we camp every weekend. Don't want to be too hard on the truck.

·
Registered
271 Posts
6 to 8000# depending on transmission, rear end, cab size among other things. Keep in mind that is a loaded camper, not just the empty weight. JMO but I wouldn't be afraid to go 5000 or so on the camper (maybe a little more, if it's only rated at 6000) on short trips, wouldn't want to take off cross country though. need more info to know for sure how much camper it's rated for.:10220:

google "Trailer Life Towing Guide", it will answer most of your questions.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I have a 2002 Chevy ext cab 4.8 liter and would like to know how much weight can I tow a on a regular basis. Keep in mind we camp every weekend. Don't want to be too hard on the truck.
Might be able to help more if you could let everyone know if the tv is 1/2 ton or 3/4 ton truck. Towing capacity changes with different trucks. Short bed makes a difference also.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Dogbone is right. Welcome to the forum :)

·
Registered
483 Posts
google "Trailer Life Towing Guide", it will answer most of your questions.
I did some google searches to provide some links for the above poster but all I found was out of print mags??

Did I miss something here, just tryin to help the original poster

·
Registered
271 Posts
go to the trailer life web site, you can download the 2009 version in pdf format. the 2010 guide gets sent out to subscibers first, then they make it available for download later on. i have to 2010 edition, get more info on the truck and i can post the actual numbers.

l2l look on the site a little more, if you still don't find it and want it, let me know and i'll send you more info on how to get it when i have more time.:thumbup1:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts