Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Camping Fanatic
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wonderful drive in this morning. Hey, we arent used to this mess! But the big dodge 4x4 did what she is supposed to.

·
Camping Fanatic
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Huge difference in just driving around to, feel the sliding in 2 wheel drive, nothing in 4 wheel. I am not saying its a save all, cause its not, but for cruising around town, it helps a lot for the snow. I know I would rather be in 4x4 with my mudders, than driving the wifes mini van today.

But that reminds me what my dad used to say. He always said a 4x4 will just get you further back before you get stuck :shrug:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Huge difference in just driving around to, feel the sliding in 2 wheel drive, nothing in 4 wheel. I am not saying its a save all, cause its not, but for cruising around town, it helps a lot for the snow. I know I would rather be in 4x4 with my mudders, than driving the wifes mini van today.

But that reminds me what my dad used to say. He always said a 4x4 will just get you further back before you get stuck :shrug:
Yeah you might move a bit more with 4x4 but unless you know what you're doing you it will just take longer to get stuck:smack-head:. I noticed that I slide a lot less with AWD than I did with front wheel drive, there is quite a big difference in handling but it still doesn't help you after you're cruising along at 30mph.

·
Registered
19 Posts
LOL @ all the places getting snow that aren't used to it.
These threads always amuse me no matter what forum I'm on it is pretty much the same.

OMG OMG OMG!!!! We got snow!!!! Now what do we do???

Not being a jerk.....just poking fun.

·
Camping Fanatic
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well thats what I was doing myself, laughing at the crazies. I wasnt saying OMG OMG, I was driving to work and taking pictures. I laugh at the people that freak out and go to the store and buy $200 of groceries just in case they are snowed in

·
Registered
122 Posts
Well thats what I was doing myself, laughing at the crazies. I wasnt saying OMG OMG, I was driving to work and taking pictures. I laugh at the people that freak out and go to the store and buy $200 of groceries just in case they are snowed in
I laugh at all the people that end up in the ditch within the first month of first snow fall....:rotflmao1: If they forgot how to drive over the course of 8 months then they deserve to be in a ditch wondering what happened.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I especially like the OP where their she-truck handled everything quite well. I guess if it was a he-truck it would have been in a ditch or hit something.

For me the gender of the vehicle is equal to the gender of the driver (or the color of some paint jobs). I hope in my case it will always be a he-vehicle. If my wife drives the vehicles is a female.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I especially like the OP where their she-truck handled everything quite well. I guess if it was a he-truck it would have been in a ditch or hit something.

For me the gender of the vehicle is equal to the gender of the driver (or the color of some paint jobs). I hope in my case it will always be a he-vehicle. If my wife drives the vehicles is a female.

What:shrug:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts