Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
I typically use 4wd to camp in relatively difficult terrain so I almost always purchase aggressive mud, light truck, tires. Finding tires that I like is sometimes a real challenge.
Once I settle on a size and tread pattern;

My two favorite sources are 4Wheel Parts Warehouse (because they have a local store, and have fair to good prices when tires are on sale)...

... And Discount Tire (because I can occasionally get blems (tires with visual irregularities) at a good discount, and the local stores fix flats for free.. Again try to get tires on sale.

Enjoy!

Edit:
It should be noted that I am a bit of an exception in how I camp (off road) and what I like for tires (traction is everything; for me; smooth ride and quiet ride are less than secondary considerations).
IMO, most campers that rarely venture off road and frequent camp grounds with maintained roads will probably be happier with all terrain/street tires of one brand or another than with aggressive mud tread tires (aggressive mud tread tires typically are noisier and ride rougher than all terrain treaded tires, and sometimes have inferior life expectancy... Be sure your tires are a close match to your needs and desires.

Enjoy!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts