Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Summer 2015 was a real eye-opener for me and my family. Our favorite campground for summer fun and entertainment had two foreign women and 1 man that just patrolled the campgrounds and tried to steal anything they could. Caught them trying to walk thru my campsite many times and told them to use the "road", and they just act dumb. Tried to steal stuff out of our wagon at the river - my girls are sharp and we were all on alert to this and totally into watching the children. Have had our wood stolen before. The man hung around the bathrooms. They managed to get the clothing and all the electronics of two couples who left everything out on pic-nic table. Not happy about this change. Never before has this happened here. Have a chance to go camping up near the great lakes with 2 very experienced adults. Looking forward to that. Have booth in an antique mall and heard the management talking the other morning about the teams coming in and stealing wallets, purses, walking out with other people's carts. Having a lot of trouble with this in this area - stealing at Goodwill is proliferate right now.
Any interesting security suggestions for camping would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Sheesh. Wife and I just got back form our first weekend camp for this year. We were talking about how friendly and helpful people are at campgrounds. Sad thing to see that "the world" has gotten into every aspect of our lives. Sad, really sad.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I agree with Cricket, just about all of our camping in over forty years has been in state parks and never a problem. They seem to watch them pretty close,I do think that this year camping alone without my wife that I will keep a closer watch since I am getting older, but I do have a concealed carry permit but would hate to have to use it.:plain:

·
Registered
7 Posts
theives

Well, I pack iron everywhere I go. Once I caught a guy in our camp site snooping, and I made him strip, then marched him down the road a mile and told him not to come back. People like that respect only one thing, and it's not a smile. Probably shoulda just shot him. No excuse for that kind of activity.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.