Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So ive narrowed down my tent search to a kodiak flexbow 10x10, kelty traile ridge 6, big agnes tensleep station 6, and the mountain hardwear optic 6, or something like these. These are what ive found that best suite our needs and wants. What i am looking for is space. 2 adults and 2 sometimes 3 kids plus gear will be staying in the tent. My biggest concerns are duravility and ability to stay dry no matter how hard the rain. If any of you have experience with any of these tents or brands please help me out. For us, all of the above are a big expense. With the kelty being the cheapest. But im willing to pay for a life time tent. Or for many years of use.

Thanks in advance, and please excusethe grammer errors as i am using my phone for this!

·
Registered
1 Posts
tent

I have the Kodiac flexbow 10x10 my grandsons 8 and 12 and I used it last 5 weekends in a row and they love it. enough room and seals great from the rain and bugs, It is not free standing and must anchor firmly to the ground is only issue. Tried it on a pad with loose filler and it will not work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Kodiak is a good tent if you intend to leave it up for awhile - pretty durable but a bit on the heavy side if that matters. Like todnsn said it's a good tent to keep rain out as well.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Welcome to the forum; gligorcoadziev!
The more campers we have, the better the discussions, always ready for more viewpoints...
I favor a 9'x9' dome style tent for quick and easy setups on short trips...

Enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
5th Wheel Camper
171 Posts
Welcome to the forum; gligorcoadziev!
The more campers we have, the better the discussions, always ready for more viewpoints...
I favor a 9'x9' dome style tent for quick and easy setups on short trips...

Enjoy!
That message you replied to was spam. ;) he/she had posted the same link to other threads, and the link was apparently marked unsafe, by Google.

it is a little sad when the forum is slow, and most of the new members are actually SPAMMERS. i try to keep the forum clean, as quickly as possible, but i was at work when this one hit. ;)

Back when i did some tent camping, my preference on tent style depended on how i was getting there.
if hiking, i wanted as small a tent as i could sleep in, as my pack isn't very spacious.
if getting there by vehicle, i would opt for a larger tent, so i had room to move about a bit, and in a rain-storm, it is easier to not touch the tent fabric in a larger tent.

·
Registered
133 Posts
... too bad; so sad...
I will watch for these characteristics in the future.

As a dedicated tent camper I am always in favor of not only more tent campers and posts, but more campers in general: more view points lead to better information, IMO.

Since age has caught me up, and my joints have continued degrading I can no longer do the back packing thing; even vehicle camping is getting rougher. I, however, will hang in there as long as I can.

Enjoy!

Reactions: travis.farmer
1 - 6 of 6 Posts