Camper Community Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wrap sweet potatoes with aluminum foil and place on top rack while grilling your meats or whatever else you are grilling::icon_smile_bbq: grill for 30 minutes and turn 1/2 turn and grill 30 more minutes.. when done add a little butter. best sweet potatoes I've ever tasted.

·
Administrator
302 Posts
wrap sweet potatoes with aluminum foil and place on top rack while grilling your meats or whatever else you are grilling::icon_smile_bbq: grill for 30 minutes and turn 1/2 turn and grill 30 more minutes.. when done add a little butter. best sweet potatoes I've ever tasted.
Oh my gosh. This sounds yummy! I need to try this! :thumbup1:

·
Registered
971 Posts
Works okay in the oven, but the grill will char them a little better. And try throwing some brown sugar, cinnamon or even pineapple (with juice) on top of the melting butter for some extra high calorie flavor. Yum! DW and I do this all the time but no so much we gotta watch our weight. You might try splitting open the potatoes right before they are done and putting in the pineapple so it gets heated.

Reactions: Bamps

·
Registered
50 Posts
I do about the same thing, but I coat the potatoes with olive oil, then sprinkle on some paprika, cayenne pepper, thyme, basil and rosemary. Sometimes i coat lightly with whatever Mrs. Dash that happens to be in the cupboard. (My fave is Southwest Chipolte.) Only problem I've run into so far is that i never write down the recipe, and it kinda sorta changes every time because just a little more or a little less, or forgetting one or substituting something else makes a difference in the final results.
This works well with white and red potatoes as well, I've done it with whatever we happened to have handy.
(You have to try hard to mess up a potato! No matter what you do, it turns out ok in the end! lol)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts