Camper Community Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Camping Extraordinaire
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were lucky-we didn't get hit by any of the local tornados. :sad:Unfortumately others in our community weren't so lucky. I have some good pictures but of course, being a little computer illiterate I can't seem to upload them-as much as I hate to I will have to get the hubby (computer geek) to do it.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Thank God that you are okay!

Pictures of stuff like that is so eerie because you see everyday items in such unnatural ways.

I hope everyone in your community is safe, even if their possessions aren't.

·
Camping Fanatic
1,188 Posts
Tornado Last Night in TN

Here is some pics she took.

These are pics of 4 houses across the street from my Parents house, where my dad was keeping our 5 year old daughter. They managed to avoid any damage at all, which we are all grateful. The people across the street were not so lucky.

1 (Small).jpg

2 (Small).jpg

3 (Small).jpg

4 (Small).jpg

6 (Small).jpg

7 (Small).jpg

8 (Small).jpg

·
Camping Fanatic
1,188 Posts
yeah, she is doing good. They closed the school today too, power was out. She stayed the night with them last night, and apparently woke up around 3am wanting momma. We were going to bring her home last night, but she insisted to stay, so we let her.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I glad you're OK. Wow! That's got to be scary.

·
Camping Fanatic
1,188 Posts
All of the people were at home in the houses above. One of my cousins that lives next door to my parents took a few of them in last night. It would be very scary to hear your house ripped apart while your in it :shocked:

·
Registered
735 Posts
I bet! We had a really bad one about 15 years ago and it did a lot of damage. Mostly farms and their live stock. It took out a shopping mall in Orangeville. We get a lot of tornado warnings but rarely get any. If one does touch down it doesn't last long. Every so ofter Toronto will get what they call Micro Bursts which will do a lot of damage in one small area.
Keep safe.

·
Registered
171 Posts
WOW :shocked: Glad to hear everyone is doing OK!

Great photos (I think) I always feel weird saying that because it is devastating to see.

·
Registered
483 Posts
HOLY smokes and I thought I had a bad day by having some thugs try to rip my truck off which caused $1500 bucks in damage....

Glad everyone is safe that is the main thing, property can be fixed and or replaced, lives cannot!!!!!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Naw they did NOT get the truck, i wish they did take it actually as I would have been better off!!!!! They were too STUPID to get it, they just made a big mess broke the window, broke the lock, screwed up the starter, ignition battery etc. I was outta town which made the whole experience worse, truck still has to go in to get the lock replaced.

I hate theives and I told the cop who responded that if he had to repsond to my location a second time to bring an ambulance with him as I was gonna beat them before he got there, he said what I dont see I cant report... Very few like him let me tell ya!!!!!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Man that stinks l2l, hate to hear that. I dont blame you, someone coming on my property is going to have to answer to several people...Smith, Wesson, Remington, to name a few :)

Someone must have known you were out of town huh? If its never happened before, and it coincidentally happened while you were gone.

·
Camping Fanatic
1,188 Posts
Man, hate to hear that l2l. Crime is everywhere isnt it? Just pitiful. Thats great what you told the cop, I guess he had some of the same feelings you did, or at least a since of humor!

·
Registered
24 Posts
That is scary. I saw some coverage on this on the weather channel, but didnt know how bad it was. I saw that about union university in jackson tn got hit real hard, basically leveled the dorms and other buildings. Terrible.

l2l, thats just plain $hitty. Sucks that you cant even feel safe in your own home anymore

·
Registered
735 Posts
Hey l2l, what's up with all the car jackings lately? OMG. there was 2 in Brampton just yesterday, a few more a few days ago...It's really getting scary. What goes on in their heads that make them think thiat it's OK to do this?

·
Registered
505 Posts
I work in an auto insurance claims office, so both of these topics hit VERY close to home.

I saw some pictures from Katrina when we sent our guys down there to help out that are permanently committed to my memory. Boats in peoples front yards, miles from the dock they started at. (We insure boats and motorhomes too). Crocodiles that got washed into open windows on a car and got trapped there and died. Really eerie stuff.

These tornado pictures give that same feeling when you see fish stuck in trees. Very moving stuff.

I see automobile vandalism so often that it has actually made me paranoid. I am afraid to drive anything other than my 1994 Mercury Tracer station wagon (aka "the tank) for fear of getting it vandalized!

I am glad that everyone is okay, from the tornado and from the carelessness of others. It is this kind of stuff that reinforces the "kind of people" that campers are. You just don't hear of vandalism on the campgrounds when it is such a ripe place to have it happen. Campers are good people!!!!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well said Kiteri, campers are good people. You do get the occasional loud ones, or driving to fast, or dumping tanks at the campsite, but for the most part, campers are good people and fun and friendly to be around.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts