Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tenting it is very near and dear to my heart, but light weight camping isn't what I do anymore. My rig is almost 20000 lbs empty and over 32 ft long. It is a 1999 Allegro class A with a triton V10. I know many don't consider camping out of a Class A motorcoach camping at all, but I have had this bus parked in places many tent campers only ever dream about.

We did a trip from Kentucky to Colorado, up to Wyoming, Montana and Idaho and back through South Dakota and back to KY last year. We spent several days on BLM land in Idaho without running water and cooking over the open fire. Also Hiked in and Fished the Snake river along some of it's most remote stretches. Had to pick our way down ledges to reach the water and climb back out again. So I know how to rough it, but just like to sleep on a comfortable bed most nights.

This year we are parked in an RV park In western CT for the season, I am planning on blogging about the experience if anybody wants to follow my blog. RVing 2011

here are some pics from last season

The RV on BLM land in Idaho

Snake River

Little Bighorn

·
Registered
970 Posts
Nice pictures!

If you own an RV it's called RV camping or RVing for short. As long as you are as considerate as many of the tenters then what's wrong with RVing? It's about what you want to tolerate. Tenting is cheap but if you can afford an RV, then nothing wrong with that.

I have a large 5th wheel for my RVing. I have a truck bed tent for truck camping. I have a tent for tenting. Then I have very small tents for backpacking. I still do it all and have no regrets. It's nice to have options and I have the equipment to do all of it effectively.

Anything to save money compared to staying at overpriced, inconvenient locations and the unfamiliar and inconsistencies of hotels, motels and lodges. Then there's the overpriced costs of restaurants you are saving money on. A tent or RV just means you increase your capabilities depending on what you do. When you tent it's awfully hard to microwave or bake unless you haul that stuff with you and in an RV it's all there.

DW loves it!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.