Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Camping Fanatic
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, we sold the camper today :comfort_:

With the 2 new additions we knew we would not be going this year, and when we do decide to try them at camping, we want something a little larger. So, we sold her today. Was hard to do. The youngin (older one) was very dissapointed and was near crying. We assured her this was not the end of camping, just the end of camping with that camper. We will be camping through all of yall this year, so I want to hear all about those trips and see those pics!

·
Registered
735 Posts
Sad news indeed!!!! This time next year you will be writing how excited you are to go on your first trip with the new trailer and your family :) Chin up, good times are still to come.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I was close to selling my trailer (as my signature will attest)...I was like your oldest - pretty much crying about it.

Then, I had a friend come up with a kick-butt idea. RENT IT OUT.

WHA? Really? I can do that?

And, I can. So, it's pretty much rented for the entire month of July, a weekend here in June, and the August long weekend. It's paying for itself, and I still don't need a tow vehicle...unless somebody returns it without dumping the tanks...in which case, I just borrow a truck for a couple hours.

The best way to look at it...it's a step back (selling) to take two steps forward next year and beyond (something bigger and cooler).

If we get out, we'll put some stuff up for ya!

·
Registered
158 Posts
I don't blame you for...and the fact you actually sold yours is pretty cool considering this economy. Time to look for a 29-31' model with a slide out and 3-4 bunks!!!!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I made that mistake one time .... with my job were were not able to go camping ... My wife said one day why don't we just sell it.....It was paid for and long story short...It got stolen from us....we ended up getting 1/2 what it was worth....we missed it so much we bought another in a couple of months.....that was 27 years ago and we will probably be buried in the one we have now.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sad news indeed!!!! This time next year you will be writing how excited you are to go on your first trip with the new trailer and your family Chin up, good times are still to come.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts