Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a long winter, longer for some up North, and the combined effects of the elements can take a toll on stored RVs. If you have had your camper in storage, now's the time to prepare for those spring getaways.

Part of getting ready for the spring involves a few chores.

Check and/or replace the batteries in the smoke and carbon monoxide detectors in the RV.

Check your main RV battery, charge it up and make sure its still good for another season. Clean the terminals if there is any corrosion.

Examine the outside, roof, etc.. for any cracks and look the inside over for stains on the ceiling, or any signs of roof leaks.

If its been in storage all winter, it could probably use a good airing out, before that first trip as well.

Check your propane levels, and ensure that your appliances are all working properly.

Check tires for cracks and other damage and set inflation pressures where they should be.

Repack your wheel bearings.

I am sure there are other things to do, but this is a just a quick reminder for those getting ready for the season.

Happy Camping!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Its funny I just came back from waking my trailer out of her winter long sleep. It's teh first chance that I have had to actually clean it up real good since I bought it last year!

I steam cleaned the carpets couch benches and ANYTHING that had fabric. Completly washed the outside of the trailer, including the awning on both sides.

It looks so much better now wow :thumbup1:

Now all I have to do is flush the lines of anti-freeze but I am gonna wait just a while longer in case this warm spell does not last.

Come on warmer weather we want to camp!!!!!!!!!!!

:icon_smile_bbq:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts