Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
before I got the camper I went over it pretty good but found out later I didnt do a good job on it. the camper is 2001 Hy-Line. in the shower stall found out the roof leaked when I found a ladder to get on the roof I found black chaulking all over the one corner
(yes found out asphalt) so my question is what can I do with it with out replacing the whole roof at this time. yes I did try to get it off but not happening. I did seal everthing with the dicor so it doesnt leak, yes I have been screwed but nothing I can do about it now. I took the people that owned it word for it
(thats another story has to do with a kid & hospital)
I just need help on what to do with it for right now
thanks for any help

·
Registered
483 Posts
Well if it won't come off I would get some good rubber sealant and seal right over top of the old stuff, even if it means two coats..

I don't see as you have any other choice..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did get a gal of liquid rubber roof. I talked to a couple of RV dealers some say I dont have nothing to worry about. and some say it will eat the rubber a way. I am new to this as far as a rubber roof thing. the rest of the camper is outstanding

·
Registered
265 Posts
erby. they say don't put anything on the rubber roof that has petroleum in them. that includes cleaners. i know this comes a little late.
you might be ok with putting the dicor on. check the label on the liquid roof see if it has any petro in it. i think the petroleum drys out the rubber and it might crack.
good luck.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I was going to say the same thing. Dicor is you best friend. Make sure it all clean.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts