Camper Community Forums banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
It's called liquid rubber roof it goes on very thick turn to white rubber it's the cat's behind looks like I put on a new roof says it can last 10 years.:10220:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yes the tape well if surface is not chalkee, if the rubber comes off so will the tape well mine did I scrubbed off everything which was about everything hardly any rubber left in fabric then I coated with liquid rubber first coat sank in to fiber the second coat looks like a new roof was put on . :thumbup1::10001::bang:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes, this old Nu-Wa has wood framing and since I posted last we had a blowing rain storm. Several leaks, now. Lotsa work and much repair needed. The roof is aluminum w/heavy caulking and looks like white coating over a clear rubbery coat. Mucho scraping to do! :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have 2 Holiday Ramblers. They made all their frames with a 4 sided tubed aluminum frame welded! not 3 sided channel riveted. Not saying Holidays don't have the occasional problem but leaks are usually due to not maintaining the roof after the first 10 years. And that is mostly just painting on a rubber coating every 5 years over seams and around antenna etc. HOWEVER I think Navistar just bought them out. Sometimes big corps just buy the name and ride it into the ground like Coachmen. Not saying they will just saying.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I see Walmart has eternabond tape 3"X24' $10 online. {Problem}I have a leak on the roof of my trailer and it sounds like in the same area. I went to our local Walmart store today and they do not carry it so I will buy it online. Anyway with the onset of cold weather is it wise to cover the camper roof with a tarp and still use the camper during the winter?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello All, I recently bought my 96 travel trailer. It is my home and I love it. But with all the rain lately the roof is leaking inside and my walls are becoming damaged. I have a tarp up outside while I do some researching but I'm not sure how to tell if it's rubber or metal roof. Any tips/ advice would be appreciated. I'm new at this and trying my hardest to learn fast and do it right......thank you :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
RVs cost upwards of $200,000, an entirety one could buy a home for. Infers it is an adequate hypothesis so must not be disregarded its upkeep. To secure your shield depend just on the best cost saving, atmosphere safe, and having long life time EPDM housetop covering EPDM Rubber and experience the results merrily. See Details: http://epdmrubber.blog.com/2015/12/07/what-makes-epdm-rubber-so-unique/

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thank you for the story and step by step solution. Looking to replace our 20 year old rubber roof here pretty soon.

In the mean time we have been using some Roof Repair tape that we got at Camping World that is helping patch up any problems we've been running into.

·
Registered
24 Posts
This is a great thread! Planning on doing this in the next few weeks because our roof needs it.

Anyone know of a good DIY video to show how to reseal a roof?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have pilgrim fifth wheel. Two summer ago, I replaced all of my bathroom vents, fan vents and cleaned and removed old sealant and re-applied new Dicor self leveling sealant around all. I then applied cleaned cleaned all the seams on top of the camper and applied 4" etera-bond tape on all of the seams, caps on the roof. Next I applied a coating of Eteran coat silicone sealant on the entire roof. I was very pleased with the outcome. My problem now is I have several placed on the edge of the camper that look like the roofing was pulled up down to the wood. Example: about a 3-4" section at the edge of the camper roof pulled back and torn to a point down to the wood? After speaking with some of my fellow campers (there have been BUZZARDS observed on our campers in the past few months. I have it covered now with a tarp until I can get to it, but there was water in the camper. What can I do to prevent the mildew or mold that may have leaked into the wall? Help??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Identifying roof leaks can be difficult for an untrained eye and is one the last things you need. Sometimes a used RV can be a great buy at an affordable price. On the other hand, a used RV could be a disaster if you don’t know what to look for. Check the RV for water damage as it can be quite common on used RVs. Always ask the owner for maintenance records. Be sure to check all the seams and sealants for leaks. Never purchase an RV without a test drive or a grace period.

·
Registered
107 Posts
The biggest mistake I ever made was buying a RV with a rubber roof I now have a triple slide 34 foot Georgetown V10 Ford. Roof is all fiberglass no leaks solid roof .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Repairing the Rubber Roof on your RV

When repairing the Rubber Roof on your RV don’t go for easy fix solutions like using tapes or ordinary coatings. A good RV roof coating can be applied to prevent damaged areas from leaking, and to protect against further damage until you can have the roof professionally assessed. Having a coating like RV Roof Magic will ensure you do not have to worry about leaking, or damage from UV rays. It is a nice solution all around.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I used Dicor 501LSW-1 Epdm Self-Leveling Lap Sealant. This is great if you're not good at caulking or have shakey hands. As long as you bridge across both gaps, the sealant will level itself and gives a very professional look.It works great, easy to use and levelled off very nicely. Installed a new vent cap on the top of my trailer and couldn't have been simpler.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well i am appreciate your work knowledge as well as your work experience and happy to see that you are sharing this knowledge with us. I hope that your knowledge will help us.
Thanks for this knowledge.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'd also suggest Dicor self-leveling lap sealant. The ability of this Dicor Sealant to adhere to all types of roofing surfaces is a plus. I tested it on my RV's EPDM roof, and it clings to the surface easily.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts