Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:smile:
My name is Daniel and I live in Homestead, Florida. I'm purchasing a slide-in camper in a few weeks as a project to be able to take my dad on fishing trips once he retires. I'll also use it for some quality bonding time with my younger brother. It's a small camper that will go on my Chevy Silverado 1500 LT Extended cab. Currently it's completely empty inside since the previous owner has been using it as a storage space, no appliances, no power supply, no water tank, just a couple of windows so it's an empty palette to let the imagination run wild.

I have plans to add solar panels on the roof, running water and some sort of a AC unit and a fan. A stove would probably take up too much space as would a fridge, plus I think having either one would just drain batteries way too fast. A built-in toilet or shower is probably impossible but a small sink might be possible. Cooking can be done on a portable stove or over a campfire. Being in Florida, my main concern is the humidity, being from NY... I prefer the cold. It is possible that living in Florida for 6 years has made me a bit less immune to the cold but I'd rather be a little cold than hot.

My family is in the construction business but working on solar energy is foreign to us but I've seen a few YouTube videos and I'm looking forward to it. I'm also brand new to camping, fishing and hunting... being born and raised in NY, I've only been to a camp site once as a kid from a church event but I just love nature so I can't wait to get my feet wet. It'll also be nice to have some down time with my dad and brother since we're almost always at the construction site.

I have so many ideas planned, both when it comes to renovating the (interior + exterior) camper and activities but being new to all of it, it seems kind of daunting. I'm hoping to get some ideas and inspiration here from this community and I can't wait to get started. Thanks for reading guys and have a good one!

Oh, and If you have any suggestions of any kind, please don't hesitate to respond.

-Daniel

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey Daniel! great to read about your camping and fishing trip plan with your dad. I have not very much experience in camping but I have vast experience in RV Roof Maintenance, If anywhere in the middle of your trip you have to feel roof leaking problem, must visit [FONT=&quot]Liquidrubberroofing by EPDMcoatings blog for detail information about RV roof leaks solutions. Its a quite little bit effort of suggesting you from my side, hope there will be much more interesting suggestion for you from other guys. Thanks Daniel, Have a great trip.[/FONT]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.