Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a lot of people probably won't have use for this suggestion, because they already have plenty of camping friends. We have plenty of friends, but none that enjoy it like all of us on this forum. We have a couple of couples that could enjoy it to some degree, but, to them, it's just another place to party. I don't mind having a couple of drinks, but, I'm not the type to sit around and drink all day.

Is there a way to set up something by regions, so campers that are somewhat close to each other can get together camping, with mutual interests of course?

Or at least make it mandatory for campers to put the state inwhich they reside in or something.

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
I think that's a great idea. I started a thread one time, telling people which CG I would be at and which dates I would be there. Just in case someone happens to be going to the same place.

Now, shouldn't you put your location in your posting profile :rotflmao1:

·
Registered
86 Posts
I think that's a great idea. I started a thread one time, telling people which CG I would be at and which dates I would be there. Just in case someone happens to be going to the same place.

Now, shouldn't you put your location in your posting profile :rotflmao1:
lol, happiestcamper.

It would even be a good idea to have campercommunity get-togethers.

I'm on a snowmobiler's forum, where they have group rides.

Cool stuff, I think.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Funny you should mention that. My "address" is in my "location". I still don't totally know my way around this forum yet. I've been trying to figure out how to change my forum name from 'bassin' to 'ME NH Outdoorsman'. Computers aren't my forte', as you can tell, but I'm trying.

Yes, get togethers would be great. I sent one person from my state a message quite awhile ago, but nothing yet.

·
Camping Fanatic
1,188 Posts
Speaking of gatherings by state, that was the intended purpose of the groups really, versus have 50+ state threads of forums, not that its out of the question either. The bad thing about the groups currently is that there is no notification when a new message is posted. Hopefully that will change soon with an upgrade to the forums.

For instance, I created a group called Tennessee Campers So if you create or join a group for your area, when you see a new member thats from that area, post a reply to them and mention it to them so they can join also.

I am always open to suggestions and easier/better ways of doing things, so speak up. Another way would be creating a new forum for this and having sub forums for 4 regions covering the NW, SW, NE, SE or something like that.

Bassin, you can add your location in the same place you selected the type of camping you do, click THIS

As for changing usernames, its not possible the way things are setup. This may be possible in the future however when some things change.

I like the idea of a campercommunity get togethers, but many of us seem so spread out. I think this may be something to work on though as more of our members get involved and join in all this fun. I am with you, we have friends, but the few camping friends we had and that loved it as much as we do, have either divorced (maybe from camping with us) or sold their camper in rough times. So I am all for finding camping friends!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.