Camper Community Forums banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
Strange. It strikes, lights, then just goes out? I hope its staying on with electricity, I assume it is.
Yeah, when I got to the CG, it worked fine off of 110. Oh well, the service shop has only gotten $700 from so far this year :smack-head:

But they will have to wait - I got to call a locksmith first because I discovered the keys missing when we got home an hour ago :bang:

I bet they're sitting on the ground at the last gas station I was at - I was jumping in and out of the truck to get around those idiot non campers who were blocking my way :rotflmao1:

·
Camping Fanatic
1,188 Posts
The hits just keep on coming dont they :bang:

You only have one set of keys?

I got ours out and de-winterized it and headed to the campground last night. Glad to be back at it!

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
The hits just keep on coming dont they :bang:

You only have one set of keys?

I got ours out and de-winterized it and headed to the campground last night. Glad to be back at it!
When I got it, I couldn't find anybody that could find a match to make a duplicate for the door - not even the dealer. Oh well, the locksmith picked it for $55 this morning. I've already made a dupe of the other key, so I'm going to get the dealer to put a new lock on the door when it goes in for the fridge and the waste tanks. Waste tanks? Yeah, last night in the dark as I was backing past the house, I thought I just got tangled up with a boxwood. Turns out there was a garden hose in the bush which got wrapped up in the sewer connection. Today in the daylight found pieces of it all the way through the side yard. The black water tank will definitely need to be replaced - maybe they can leave the gray water tank there and run a new line for the drain. Speaking of drains, my money just keeps going down it this trip :comfort_:

Hope everybody else's trip is going well :10220:

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Man o man happiest. Dont know what to say, its just been one of them trips for you. You must have patience, because by now my camper would be laying on its side when I got done with it. :)

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
Mostly all my fault, I can't be mad at the camper :10001:

I only spent $80/night to stay in Disney's CG compared to $400-500 to stay in one of the mouse's resorts - before this one is over, I may end up spending that much :no:

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Hey, but you will have a lot of new parts to show for it. Hope things get better from here on. I assume your not camping this weekend :scratchhead:

·
Registered
483 Posts
$80 Bucks a night to camp at Disney, I sure hope that included some park passes :scratchhead:

Sorry to hear about your troubles, look at it this way, things happen in threes and you got all three bad things out of the way now, nothing more can happen to you!!!!!

·
Registered
735 Posts
You know what, it's March......I can't stand March. This March has cost me a lot of money so far and I'm about to LOSE IT (l2l - the champ on Q. Remember that?) This month has been the pits. I thought about it just yesterday and in the past 5 years the month of March has been very bad for us. So far it's cost me a new car, A new back window for the truck...Remeber that....Ya $1400....Ouch. A new bathroom....well almost. It started out as a painting project and it all went down hill from there. I found mold and had to rip out the drywall. Ya lots of fun. Basiclly everything I touched broke or didn't work out. So I blame it on March. Everyday was a bad day. DAMN YOU MARCH. I'll welcome April with open arms. I feel your pain brother. Hang in there, it's got to get better.
By the way, how was the campground? We're thinking of going for a week or so in the next couple of years and was thinking that this would be a great idea.

·
Registered
483 Posts
The Champ, I miss him :rotflmao1: It was Darringer who did that wasn't it :scratchhead:

"So the guy looks at my wife and I LOSE IT, I fake him out with a blistering left jab and destroy him with a mind blowing upper cut, ever since I've been the Champ"

Sorry your having a bad month Antigua, keep your fingers crossed for me as I am heading up to the trailer this weekend to see how she made out over the winter.....

·
Registered
735 Posts
Good luck. I hope all is well.

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
By the way, how was the campground? We're thinking of going for a week or so in the next couple of years and was thinking that this would be a great idea.
It was great. You're inside the resort, so you get the extra hours in the parks. The buses ran often to all of them (always took 2 to get from your campsite to the parks), and you could take the boat to the Magic Kingdom.

We planned too much around the parks, and I am worn out. In the future, we're gonna have a rule that we will not do more than 2 days in a row in the parks. There is plenty to do at the CG on a "down" day to keep everyone busy. There are several pools, stores (stores sell beer, wine, even liquor - mini-bottles and regular size), tennis courts, horse rentals, boat rentals, restaurants, shows at night, big screen movies in the outdoors, plus lots more I'm sure I'm leaving out. The sites are very far apart from your neighbor, but it's kind of swampy between them. No bugs, though - they have that under control. Plenty of asphalt to park on, plus a sand area behind that to put a tent. Now for some reason, they put the electric behind the sand - so you better bring an extension for that hookup. Water and sewer were in a normal location. Bathrooms, showers, laundry, and ice in each loop - and very clean. As many people as there were in the CG, it was quiet.

Like I said - you could stay at the Contemporary, Polynesian, or Grand Floridian to be closer and have a monorail come through, but you're going to start at $400/night. I've only stayed at two other CG's that were not a federal or state park, so I'm usually not impressed with any amenities, but this was different. We will be back :thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1:

·
Registered
735 Posts
Wow! Thanks happiestcamper. I want to pack up and go now. It sounds like a great place. I would love to drive down there with our trailer and spend a week or two but for now we are stuck here in our winter wonderland. Maybe in a couple of years we'll get a chance to get down there. Thanks for the info. I really hope I can get a chance to get down there.

l2l how was the trailer? Next time you come up my way stop by my place for a cold beer. That is if you have the time. As for the champ, (which I think you can still listen too on line) I think it's Andy Frost. The same guy that does the announcements at the ACC. By the way, my company (Atec Signs) is building the new time clock for the ACC. We'll have it installed before the puck drops next season.
Anyway I hope the trailer is ok.

Shane

·
Registered
483 Posts
Antigua, trailer seemed ok but still snowed in...

I thought of you as I drove up the Orangeville by-pass, next time I head up that way I will shoot you a PM and I will stop by.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Antigua, trailer seemed ok but still snowed in...

I thought of you as I drove up the Orangeville by-pass, next time I head up that way I will shoot you a PM and I will stop by.
Sure. I'll Have a cold beer waiting for you. I'm just off of the by-pass by the rec center.
I haven't been up to see ours yet, I'll wait until May.

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
Got the quote yesterday to fix everything - $1,352 :no:

When I got it, I couldn't find anybody that could find a match to make a duplicate for the door - not even the dealer. Oh well, the locksmith picked it for $55 this morning. I've already made a dupe of the other key, so I'm going to get the dealer to put a new lock on the door when it goes in for the fridge and the waste tanks. Waste tanks? Yeah, last night in the dark as I was backing past the house, I thought I just got tangled up with a boxwood. Turns out there was a garden hose in the bush which got wrapped up in the sewer connection. Today in the daylight found pieces of it all the way through the side yard. The black water tank will definitely need to be replaced - maybe they can leave the gray water tank there and run a new line for the drain. Speaking of drains, my money just keeps going down it this trip :comfort_:

Hope everybody else's trip is going well :10220:

·
Registered
735 Posts
Ouch!!! :comfort_: I feel you pain.

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
At least I had the opportunity the past few days to look at replacements, in case the the cost to fix was too high. Now I'm kind of disappointed that I won't be getting a new one :(

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Ouch, that hurts. Nothing is cheap when fixing our beloved campers, thats for sure. So I guess your sending her in to get fixed?

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
Definitely. It's kind of like a wife, can't imagine life without her - though there is the fantasy when I see a Class A or Kim Basinger :rotflmao1:

21 - 40 of 50 Posts