Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was wondering what type/brand and size portable potable water storage containers you all would recommend.

Leaning toward a couple 4 gallon Aquatainers - the 7 gal units seem too heavy and cumbersome; i would be the only one in our family capable of handling them once full.

thoughts?

·
Registered
253 Posts
The blue Aqutainers are a pretty good choice, I see a lot of them when camping. the 4 gallon ones are a bit shorter than the 7gallon. and at a bit over 8 pounds per gallon (water weight) somewhat easier to handle when full.

I, personally, tend to use Scepter Military water containers (started using them because they fit in the old Jerry can holders when I was jeeping) they are, now, what I have.

The pic shows the 10 L/2.5 gallon size but for desert or longer term camping I use the 5 gallon/20 L size; which are more awkward to handle...

For, just me, on a quickie weekend trip a single 10 Liter container is enough but when someone comes along I bring an additional 20 liter container.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Found this pic on line ( I vaguely remember it from an old social studies book in grade school)...
How water storage and transport used to be done;
Working animal Adaptation Rural area Art History

goat skins any one?

I imagine it was tasty...

for small quantities of water for trips in the vehicle and for use in the tent, I use a couple of G.I. 2 quart canteens;
Bag Rectangle Luggage and bags Sleeve Personal protective equipment

Make up some Tang and store it for a day or 2, then rinse and, if necessary repeat, to reduce the plastic taste... (I don't know if this trick works for goat skins).

Enjoy!

Reactions: travis.farmer
1 - 3 of 3 Posts