Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Camping Fanatic
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A very nice campground. Picnic tables, fire rings and plenty of shade made for a good family camping experience. The dam campground is nearby if this one is full. Very few level sites. We have stayed here several times, and would stay again. You are pretty much in the woods, friendly staff, bike trails, family friendly and clean paved roads. Some sites not level, but every site was paved.

There was also a swimming beach, and campers are allowed access the INN swimming pool area. The inn offers an indoor pool year-round and an outdoor pool from Memorial Day to Labor Day exclusively for cabin, camping and inn guests. Pickwick Landing has three public swimming beaches. Circle Beach and Sandy Beach are located in the park's day-use area and the third is located across the lake at Bruton Branch primitive area. All together, there are about two miles of public swimming beach at Pickwick. Swimming is not supervised at the beaches. Restrooms are available.

Water Swimming pool Building House Leisure

The Pickwick Landing State Park Golf Course is located close to the border of Mississippi and Alabama within the proximity of Pickwick Dam.

Plant Cloud Golfer Professional golfer Tree

Enjoy the Island Loop Trail, which meanders almost 3-miles through a beautiful hardwood forest along the river. More relaxing than strenuous, the trail offers the hiker a glimpse of wildlife and natural wonders of this resort park.

We camped in a Travel Trailer with a tent camping with us on the same site.

Sites: 104
Date Stayed: July 2008
Rate Paid: $20/Night

(731) 689-3129
http://tennessee.gov/environment/parks/PickwickLanding/index.shtml

·
Camping Fanatic
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont think any of our crowd ever went to the pool. We didnt realize we could use the pool until we had already spent a day at the swimming beach, which my wife didnt care for. It was pretty rough at the beach area, but hey, they were good folks. Anyway, I know we talked about going to the pool, but never did go. We were there July 4 this year, and it was still in the brochure, and also the locals are the ones that told us about it, so we sure assumed we could use it.

·
Camping Fanatic
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was thinking you must have had the same spot we did, but we were just down the road from the bathhouse. Our site was really unlevel. I have a 19 foot hybrid, and had to used a cinder block under the jack to get it level. I tried without it, raising the jack as high as it would go, and you could really feel it in the camper. Also, the way our site was laid out, you had to run the water line under the camper, because the hookup was on the other side, opposite the electricity. That wasnt fun, it also leaked a good bit and made a muddy mess, which was right in front of the camper door.

Oh well, still fun, nice place, just know what to do different next time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.