Camper Community Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its not new, but in nice shape, cheap and powerful:rotflmao1:

It's a '94 3/4 ton with 454ci and 4.10 gears. Originally from California, it's only spent 4 winters in Michigan...so its rust free. Not as loaded inside as our '99 Suburban, but the chassis/motor is more suited to towing than our 1/2 ton 99'.

I wanted a newer('01-up) Suburban with the 8.1L Vortec, but don't want a car payment with our economy. So this truck seem to fit the bill, only payed $5k for it, and our '99 is up for sale for $6k. Couple odds and ends to do to it, then its time to camp.

I hope this was the right forum to post this in...if not sorry and please feel free to more it:thumbup1:

·
Registered
483 Posts
Congrats on the New To You vehicle I am sure it will serve you well

I have a 97 Tahoe with over 330,000 KM's on her and she's still running strong..

·
Registered
429 Posts
Congrats on the new ride man, looks good. Should have plenty of towing power with that 454! Whens the first towing test?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congrats on the new ride man, looks good. Should have plenty of towing power with that 454! Whens the first towing test?
This week....but not towing the camper. I need to tow my Jeep and my '99 Suburban over to my buddies to get them both fixed. Should be a good test to see how it tows each one of those on a 1800lb flatbed.

Hopefully in two weeks we will make it out camping...still need to unwinterize and clean the camper.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Eh! Nice ride. That looks like it haul a lot! Congrats

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Working on cleaning it up a bit. Got two of the wheels polished up. I wasn't sure if they would, but tried some aluminum cleaner the semi drivers use. Works good, just takes some elbow grease

Before

After

I picked up some new center caps today, old ones are rusty.

·
Registered
139 Posts
So have you had a chance to check the gas mileage yet?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So have you had a chance to check the gas mileage yet?
I drove it home 140miles from buying it, and it got 14mpg. My buddy who I bought it from, got a constant 8-9mpg towing his Jeep on a flatbed trailer(6800lbs).
His worst trip was 7mpg, and that was through the Smokey Mountains.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts