CamperCommunity Forums banner

Would You Like To See A Photo Gallery Installed?

• Absolutely! I would use it

Votes: 16 94.1%
  • I am not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good idea, but I wouldn't use it

Votes: 1 5.9%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Camping Fanatic
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

We are considering adding a photo gallery to the forum, allowing members to upload photos, comment and rate photos, create albums, etc..

We need to know if this is something you want, and would use. Please use the poll to place your vote and leave comments if you like.

Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
735 Posts
Me too! I'm in.:thumbup1:

·
Registered
19 Posts
500kb is not enough for todays digital cameras. When I look back to pics I shot 10 years ago they have 750-850kb. Can't post those, it would be "false advertising"!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Microsoft has a wonderful tool to cure this problem. Its called Image Resizer. Once installed, you can simply right click on any image and it will resize it for you, greatly reducing the photo kb/mb size, and keeping a good quality for posting. Thats what I always use, to reduce my 2-3 MB photos down to KB for posting, emailing, etc..

You can also highlight multiple photos, right click and resize them all at one time. It keeps your original image, and creates you new images called xxxxx.jpg_resized

·
Camping Fanatic
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is exactly what I do too. I dont like to email large pics, or post them. The resizer works great and the quality is remained just for looking at them I wouldnt do it for pics I am printing, but for posting, it works perfect.

Microsoft has a wonderful tool to cure this problem. Its called Image Resizer. Once installed, you can simply right click on any image and it will resize it for you, greatly reducing the photo kb/mb size, and keeping a good quality for posting. Thats what I always use, to reduce my 2-3 MB photos down to KB for posting, emailing, etc..

You can also highlight multiple photos, right click and resize them all at one time. It keeps your original image, and creates you new images called xxxxx.jpg_resized

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You,.........
Now that Mailfire got my head in the right place, I'm in!
Please disregard that stuff about camera image sizes.
"learn something new everyday"
Thx again.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Do not feel like the lone ranger Wasy...:smack-head:
Ok...armed with that fact of electronic life...this would be great!

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'm game. Was wondering what to do with these 10 of thousands of photos I have taken. :icon_smile_bbq:

·
Registered
505 Posts
This rocks!

Now I can get all those pictures of my tents up (including the one I won here).

Thank you guys for all your hard work to develop this forum!​

1 - 17 of 17 Posts