Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are seniors deciding to tent camp. We are really excited but are getting overwhelmed by all the gear that is out there. So far we have our tent which is the Bushnell 15x9 tent. Put it up and soaked it and hooray it doesn't leak. We are on a strict budget because we are on a fixed income. So what is the best cot and mattress pad . We were thinking about the disco bunk and the thermarest luxury map pad any thoughts out there on these products and or mabe something better we have to really careful because we only have a car to pack all this stuff in. So I'm trying to buy things that are easy on space. Sorry for the long thread but i am trying to get the best for my buck and ease of packing

·
Registered
16 Posts
I like the airbed too - no arthritis trouble ! Don't like the noise of pumping it up. Closed cell foam pad under. Take old good-for-throwaway scatter rugs for inside the opening of tent. Throw them or the one away end of trip. Keeps the tent a lot cleaner. Get tarp big enough to cover tent completely in case of ultra horrible weather. And extra stakes and rope.

·
Registered
970 Posts
I like a sleeping pad that's doesn't depend on just blowing up with air. A thermarest like you mentioned has closed foam that expands inside when you open its valve and the foam will self inflate and minimize the huffing and puffing from blowing it up, or the noise and power requirement of a pump. Just leave it alone when setting up camp, then a few blows into it right before bed if you want to firm it up. If the thermarest is too expensive there are cheaper (but not cheap junk) options. I have thick thermarests for base camp and thinner ones for backpacking. Have had them 25 years and they still work but I ensure they are not used around sharp objects (including rocks or sticks). Using this on a cot would be even better but I'm not a cot type of guy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Best Camping Tents

If you plan to make a backpacker getaway with friends, you want to go camping with the family or do bike routes and do not plan on sleeping in any hotel, hostel, hotel or caravan because you want to live the experience in contact with nature to the maximum, you have Than to take with you the best tent.When choosing a tent, it is necessary to take into account, mainly, four aspects: the material and quality of the store, the internal space, the size and weight of the packaged store, the isolation and appropriate conditions for different Climates.Read more info camping tents click here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.