Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my name is Ray and I have just joined Camper Community. Looks like a fantastic site to share ideas and get great information on all forms of camping. I like in Australia and have been camping with my wife and two daughters for over 30 years. My wife and I started camping in a VW Combi van. Then we moved onto 4WD vehciles and tent camping exploring every state of Australia and enjoying the great outdoors. Highlights of all these trips was cooking on the open fire and sitting around the campfire in the evenings with friends.
In recent years we have moved on to an offraod Goldstream Camper Van which still allows us to get to wonderful locations as well as giving us a bit more comfort.
We have travelled though Canada and camped in Algonquin National Park and around the Great Lakes.
In the near future we would love to travel the United States and experience all the great camping locations on offer there.
All suggestions as to where to start will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hello and welcome ! As far as where to start ..?? That's a tough one, so much to see so little time, any target date yet?.. it really depends on what you want to see and how long you have to see it. We have campers on this site from all over, and everyone is really helpful here, I'm sure once you decide what areas or sights you would like to see someone here will have suggestions for you

·
Registered
205 Posts
Ozcamper,

:welcome:to the forum.

I support Mark's comments. If you haven't done so already, I would encourage you to get a book or DVD on our National parks and monuments. Then decide what you would like to see and our members can help with camp grounds to stay during the trip.

Hope this helps

Ruide

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks folks for your responses and suggestions. Yes I will certainly do more reading and watching DVDs etc. When we narrow our areas down and settle on a time when we hope to make the trip I will seek more info.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Welcome to the forum :)

·
Registered
265 Posts
welcome to the site. I can give you one location to check out. !000 Islands, New York or Canada, depending on which side of the St Lawrence River you are on. The river runs into the Great lakes, Lake Ontario to be precise. It has both state and private campgrounds. There are few on a islands.
I have posted a few pictures of the area on this site. Again, welcome to the club.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts