Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i am currently trying to find an 8 - 10 person tent that can withstand rain very well and other weather conditions in africa, etc. with a bath tube floor. i found a few with cabelas but i wanted to see what people who camp alot go with ?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
I have an old Wenzel - got it in 1990. It has nylon sides, a canvas top, and a plastic floor (comes up about 6 inches on the side). It's 10x14, and uses a 3 rigid pole systems to hold it up (similar in shape to this one
but without the awnings, smaller windows, and only one entrance). I've never had more than 4 people in it, but it could hold more.

After I let a friend borrow it, he packed it up wet in his car trunk for 3 months. That left pin holes all over the top - the rest was okay. After that, I would put a 20x24 tarp over it and stake it out (the rigid poles held it up just fine).

One trip it was raining cats and dogs, and our site got flooded. The floor kept it all out - it was like walking on a water bed, though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Eureka Apex3xt that I use for motorcycle camping, it's my favorite. I also have a coleman 7'x15' two room for family camping. We once camped in an overflow with water up the sides and stayed dry in the coleman. I would deffinately recomend either manufacturers. The Coleman Northstar and Weather Master series or the Eureka Pine Lodge may serve your purposes well

1 - 3 of 3 Posts