Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

This just came in today. It doesn't use your existing tongue coupler, rather you bolt one onto the frame. I now have both my boat and my camper in my backyard. My side yard between the house and fence has holly bushes on both sides, so both the boat and camper barely fit through there. Add my large pickup, and it is impossible to get both all the way to the back.

I can't wait until next camping or boat trip just so I can use it again!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Wat is it? Like a portable jack to move your boat and trailer? Whatever it is... it's cool!

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, it's pretty easy. I don't have any trouble with the camper - the boat is troublesome, though. I'm sure it would work perfect on pavement, and the guy that makes them told me it would be difficult on grass. My boat trailer is so old (see other thread where the coupler jumped the ball), and the tires need replacing, that it can be hard to get moving. I've found that when I need to move the boat, I hook up the truck and move it a foot or so, then use the dolly to move it.

Since the boat is used more than the camper, I do leave the boat on the side of the house until I need the camper, then I get the dolly out and move the boat to the backyard.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Great looking tool :) I am wondering if you replace the small wheels that are a head ,, with larger wheels , would it be more workable on uneven ground?
those small casters look great for pavement but it makes the frame close to ground

just a thought :)

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Those little wheels don't come into play during use. When you're attached to a trailer, only the 5 big wheels are on the ground.

Just used it again a few hours ago - we just got back from camping in the NC mountains.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I wish I could find one for a fifth wheel. There are several providers for travel trailer style hitches, but I have not seen one for a 5er and I don't want to use a Forklift.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Smokey, maybe I'll make a video someday - definitely not today, it's raining and I don't need the shock :help:

Art - the same company where I got mine has them for 5'ers - All Wheel Drive Fifth Wheel Trailer Dolly
Hey what do you mean you don't need a good old shock! :shrug:Everyone needs to have at least one electrifying experience in life:rotflmao1:.

PS: that link is dead

1 - 18 of 18 Posts