Outback camping and backpacking in all seasons.
The backpack itself consists of a 40L $40 Molle bag off Amazon with a $15 10L Molle attachment. With all my gear it weighs about 45lbs. Which definitely isn't lightweight backpacking, but if the guys in green can march 5 miles with 80lb rucksacks then I can handle 45lbs. Plus I'd rather not enjoy the walk than not enjoy my camp and my sleep. I'm not going to enjoy the walk anyways.
This bag alone carries absolutely everything I need for a 3 or 4 day excursion in the middle of the woods. It carries:
- Tools: 11" blade kukri knife, folding bow saw, folding shovel.
- Tarp shelter + rope.
- 2 person Hammock + underquilt.
- winter sleeping bag.
- cooking set (stove, pot, pan, utensils, dishwashing)
- hygeine + towels.
- 4 days of clothes + thermals.
- med kit.
- Firestarting kit.
- 5,000btu heater + 30hrs of fuel
- All lighting, chargers, batteries electronics.
- heavy mylar tarp.
- Rod & reel + tackle.
- 3 days worth of food + spices.
- canteen + mug.
- 10L of water storage (empty).
- water filtration.
Any questions are welcome! I can also link to specific gear if asked.