Camper Community Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my buds were out in the woods hunting and i was noticing alot of mushrooms, all different kinds of mushroom and i cant help myself to be curious because i've read some articles about this edible mushrooms that has psychedelic effect on them and as i quite remember one of those mushrooms is this one right here https://www.trufflemagic.com/blog/psilocybe-tampanensis/ .. My bud seems to know more infos about mushroom than me and i wanted to ask you guys if you have tried this psychedelic mushrooms yourself. Thanks for the feedback!

·
Registered
190 Posts
I agree totally with treeservjeffco. Don't ever eat mushrooms unless you know exactly what they are. Some can be deadly, whilst others are lovely when doing a fry-up. I live in England, and if not sure about mushrooms, I can take a sample to the local chemist who will run tests on them, which doesn't take that long.

·
Registered
159 Posts
...and i wanted to ask you guys if you have tried this psychedelic mushrooms yourself.
So... you are asking people on a public forum if they've ever taken an illegal psychotropic substance and expect someone to volunteer that information? I mean, I'm sure there are sites dedicated to the topic, but a camping forum doesn't seem a good fit. (At least to me, anyway.)

·
Registered
81 Posts
As said above. ONLY eat a wild mushroom if you are 100% sure of the identification. Sometimes you won't know right away if its poison, then three days later you die of liver failure. Get books, take classes, become your own foraging expert.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Always take a mushroom field guide with you to identify anything before you try it. Be careful, they could kill you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello Roosevelt,
Please be careful when you try any new mushrooms, and do thorough homework first. I'm not sure about this mushroom, so wait for others to chime in. In the tree trimming work I've done, I've never seen this mushroom before.

Feel free to check out my website (www.treeservice-jeffersoncounty.com) if you need any more information on tree removal work in general.
Agree

1 - 11 of 11 Posts