Camper Community Forums banner
161 - 180 of 183 Posts

· Registered
491 Posts
Good Morning!
Looks like its going to be a fairly nice day here...
To day should see about the end of the leftovers from thanksgiving...
Perhaps; pizza tonight.

Enjoy!

Reactions: travis.farmer

· Super Moderator
5th Wheel Camper
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #162 ·
Good Morning Campers :coffee:

cold and snowy today, but supposed to transition to freezing rain, then just rain. not a great combination...

· Registered
491 Posts
Good Morning!
Cold with a couple of inches of snow on the ground here; should get above freezing today, though.
Tomorrow and Friday should be quite nice, sunny, at least...

Need to get to the home center; the flush lever on the john broke... I'm temporarily stuck with pulling the chain to flush (shades of the early 20th century!)... some things should not be made of plastic...

Enjoy!

· Super Moderator
5th Wheel Camper
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #164 · (Edited)

had a night of high winds (~50 Mph), and just as i was laying down, i remembered my solar panel was still loosely laying on top of my camper... i will have to check that today... :eek:

Update(edit): the panel seems to be embedded in ice, so the wind failed to lift it. :D

· Registered
491 Posts
the panel seems to be embedded in ice, so the wind failed to lift it. :D
...Cool!

Should get into the 50s here today. Although, with a high wind warning...

Enjoy!

· Super Moderator
5th Wheel Camper
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #166 ·

well, my solar panel thawed out, so rather than tempt fate, i disconnected it, and put it inside my camper for the winter. i still have to pull the battery before it freezes. it isn't a big battery, just a lawn tractor battery to supply the LED lighting when i was working on the camper in low light situations. but i still would rather it didn't freeze and explode.

STILL waiting on my IRS tax return... i can't imagine what could be taking so long to process.

· Super Moderator
5th Wheel Camper
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #167 ·

supposed to get a two-day snow storm, starting today (here in Maine, USA). maybe it will be a white X-Mas after all. :D
Still have to finish mounting the snowblower and cab on the tractor though... nothing like waiting for the last minute. ;)

· Registered
491 Posts
Good morning!
locally not much snow expected just sub freezing cold...
Hopefully the sub zero stays away!

Enjoy!

· Registered
491 Posts
Sorry I haven't been around much; been fighting with the computers...
..also trying to upgrade the home entertainment center (another GPU/video card died) & I am upgrading the amplifiers to HDMI based (and switched) 5.2 audio. Also, going to try adding a NAS (Network Assisted Storage) unit to the home network..
Summer is for camping winter is for TOYS!...

Enjoy!

· Super Moderator
5th Wheel Camper
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #171 ·
Happy Holidays, for whatever holiday you may celebrate 😃

i for one, celebrate Christmas. 🎅🎄🦌⛄ more the spirit of the holiday, than the religious portion of it. it is a good time for family and friends to gather and be merry. the exchanging of gifts is a nice touch as well ;-)

this year, i got some much needed new L.L.Bean slippers, and an Amazon gift card, as well as a new-to-me laptop (my old one was failing fast). it is a Dell, Intel I7 vPro, with 32GB of RAM, and NVIDIA Quadro M1200 graphics.
I do CAD work on my laptop, so i like a moderately fast computer, with reasonable graphics. i actually got it early, as like i said, the other was failing fast. but i have had time to load it with most of my software, and i like it very much!

what with the storm that blew through here, i am blessed that we did not lose power. just internet for a few hours on friday.

Reactions: Happy Joe

· Super Moderator
5th Wheel Camper
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #172 ·

Happy New Year! 🥳

it is so far an odd winter here in Maine 🇺🇸, 35F, and raining.

· Super Moderator
5th Wheel Camper
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #173 ·

i have been pretty quiet lately, but i am still around.
i have been doing a lot of work on my CNC router table, and the research i have been doing on it has caused me to keep forgetting to post here.

don't remember if i have posted much here about my CNC router table. it is about 4 foot by 4 foot of working area, runs LinuxCNC, and i have just added an automatic tool changer spindle motor to it, and have been working on getting that connected up. when done enough to work with it, it is my plan to make employment out of it. i plan on carving signs and making furniture carvings (like on a coffee table, with a colored epoxy inlay). at the moment, i have several carvings i have made with it, and all of them say "test" in various fonts. ;):ROFLMAO:

· Registered
491 Posts

i have been pretty quiet lately, but i am still around.
i have been doing a lot of work on my CNC router table, and the research i have been doing on it has caused me to keep forgetting to post here.

don't remember if i have posted much here about my CNC router table. it is about 4 foot by 4 foot of working area, runs LinuxCNC, and i have just added an automatic tool changer spindle motor to it, and have been working on getting that connected up. when done enough to work with it, it is my plan to make employment out of it. i plan on carving signs and making furniture carvings (like on a coffee table, with a colored epoxy inlay). at the moment, i have several carvings i have made with it, and all of them say "test" in various fonts. ;):ROFLMAO:
Any Pics??

I have about recovered from my bout with the Microsoft Malicious "tool"; dvd disabler... The entertainment center/media center computer has been replaced with a previously dvd disabled machine and now functions well (with updates disabled and with no intention of it ever, again, getting access to the internet). It needed wiping, formatting and reloading of the OS from original disks. It is now 4k ready, and plays my old (legitimate) DVDs, just fine thanks to a new GPU, and connection to a new 4k up-scaling TV (Santa was kind)...
I found a couple of thumbnail drives contaminated with the malicious tool (which together caused more than a bit of confusion) and have now been able to successfully bring back computers on which the malicious tool had disabled the DVD drives.

...I see Linux in my future... Microsoft apparently wants to get people off Windows 7; and other Microsoft operating systems with DVD drives ...fine with me! Although, as an experiment, I might try media center on a W 10 OS blu-ray capable computer... just to be contrary!

Enjoy!

· Super Moderator
5th Wheel Camper
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #175 ·
Wood Gas Machine Metal Hardwood

that's the new spindle, in the process of install. note the many temporary touches, like the copper tape holding a sensor on, and the wires everywhere... it really is still in chaos. :ROFLMAO:

and this is an older video i did of a machine test:

i really need to do some more updated videos.. :)

· Registered
491 Posts
Cool!!!
It looks like a suitably massive piece of equipment...
...Spent some time, in another life, working with CNC circuit board driller/routers; they were limited to a roughly 24" x 24" working area and a bit size of up to 0.125".
This seem kind of familiar.

Enjoy!

• Love

· Super Moderator
5th Wheel Camper
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #177 ·

it is a sad decision i may have to make. in order to have money to finish building my proper shed for my CNC router table, i may have to sell my unfinished 5th wheel camper, for whatever i can get for it. i can see two sides to this decision. i can either find my tent, if it is still in usable condition, and camp in that instead, or buy a better camper when i can afford it, later on. i will keep my 5th wheel hitch, just in case. and likely save some of the brand-new items i got for the camper, like the charger/converter and the new furnace, as i can use both in my new shed...
i really don't know how much i could get for the camper, and it may not even sell. but when summer comes, i will find out..

in any event, i have until summer to decide.

· Registered
491 Posts

it is a sad decision i may have to make. in order to have money to finish building my proper shed for my CNC router table, i may have to sell my unfinished 5th wheel camper, for whatever i can get for it. i can see two sides to this decision. i can either find my tent, if it is still in usable condition, and camp in that instead, or buy a better camper when i can afford it, later on. i will keep my 5th wheel hitch, just in case. and likely save some of the brand-new items i got for the camper, like the charger/converter and the new furnace, as i can use both in my new shed...
i really don't know how much i could get for the camper, and it may not even sell. but when summer comes, i will find out..

in any event, i have until summer to decide.
My vote would be; to use the tent until money and a good deal can be found on a different 5th wheel (easier if you can arrange to have more income). Especially since you seem to have received some flack on the fix-it project.
Project re-prioritization is not often painless, IMO.

Enjoy!

· Super Moderator
5th Wheel Camper
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #179 ·

been a snowy day so far.. at east it is dry powder snow, so it will be easy to snowblow the driveway. :)

· Super Moderator
5th Wheel Camper
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #180 ·
Good (late) Morning Campers :coffee:

i have been working on my CNC router table machine. just got the air-lines run for the automatic tool changer spindle... only to fine the one i thought was 6mm line, was a fitting for 8mm line. 🤦‍♂️ didn't realize until the line was all run. the MFG manual says it is a 6mm fitting, but i measured it to in fact be 8mm. so i just ordered an adapter off Amazon for $1.33. only issue is waiting for it to deliver.
oh, i also got the spindle brake working. for those not in the know, it is to quickly slow down the spindle to a halt, in order to change the tool automatically. without it, it takes about 2.5 minutes to stop from 24000rpm. with it, it takes only 10-11 seconds. it is a dynamic/electric brake, not a mechanical brake, so it uses a big resistor to dump the electrical energy from the spindle. and it is very LOUD. many times of that will start a migraine. ;) i really should use hearing protection...

so anyway, that is what i have been up to. :)

161 - 180 of 183 Posts