Camper Community Forums banner
101 - 120 of 134 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5th Wheel Camper
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
Good Morning Campers :coffee:

raining today... but maybe this weekend will still be worthwhile, as my level of motivation is slowly coming back up. :)

·
Registered
333 Posts
Good morning!
...It has been somewhat rainy here too (not complaining since it reduces the wildfire danger).
One of my good friends has just retired and is now making camping noises (yay!) hopefully in the next week or two...

Enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
5th Wheel Camper
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·

for those in the USA, how was your 4th of July?
i enjoyed it with family, burgers on the grill, and sleeping through the fireworks ;)

weather looks good for working outside, possibly in my camper today. i may not get much done, but i have a plan anyway. :)

·
Registered
333 Posts
Good Morning!
The fourth, for me, was a day of burgers, brats and dogs; assisted by potato salad, chips, and other picnic food. (I pigged out !)
The neighborhood Pyros stared the fire works, intermittently a bit after noon and continued until 11:45 pm; increasing exponentially after dark. (I wonder how (many tons of illegal fireworks were shot off locally).
Amazingly, I didn't hear any fire engine sirens or even ambulances.
I expect, today will be a lazy day of kicking back, and trying not to attack the left overs... ...

Enjoy!

Reactions: travis.farmer

·
Super Moderator
5th Wheel Camper
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·

Looks like it is going to be a cool morning until noon, here. be a good day to work on my camper :)

Reactions: Happy Joe

·
Registered
333 Posts
Good morning!
...Its been HOT around here (in the 90s, cooling into the upper 70s at night (some times); but so far less than 100 deg F. during the day.
I have been getting by with an undersized (barely works) window air conditioner and a couple of window fans (to exchange the hot day air for cooler night air; (blow the hot air out and suck nicer cooler air in).
...Finally, got tired of uncomfortable attempts at sleeping; and ordered a bigger, 8000 BTU, better brand of air conditioner for the bed room...

I'll try moving the undersized air conditioner in to this room (den/library) as it is a smaller room and the air conditioner should have an easier work load...

Some friends stopped by last Friday; for beer & B.S. and made camping noises; but I
don't think they were serious...

Enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
5th Wheel Camper
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·

today will be a workshop day, as it will be cooler outside. so i can work on my CNC Router table this morning. :)
gotta get it production ready, so i can make some money with it.

·
Super Moderator
5th Wheel Camper
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·

Vertebrate Cartoon Plant Leaf Jaw

thought the above was a bit funny. ;)

·
Registered
333 Posts
Here is another...

...From pinterest...

Enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
5th Wheel Camper
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·

well, i got my state portion of my tax return in, and still waiting on my federal. so i am starting to build my shed for my CNC router table. :) though today is raining...
and what money is left over from my return, goes into my camper renovation. :D though with the price of materials so far, i don't know how much that will cost to finish the shed. just the floor materials (pressure-treated) ran around $1,600 :eek:

·
Registered
333 Posts
Good Morning!
I lay the reason for increased prices on Brandon and his co workers (although "workers" is likely a poor choice of wording)...

How big of a table are you going for?
...I very briefly considered making one for a a plasma cutter, when I was building & modifying 4 wheel drive vehicles... in another life I was associated with a number of CNC (Computer Numerical Controlled) drilling machines.

Enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
5th Wheel Camper
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·

i managed to plant one 18 inch cement pad in the ground yesterday, on my shed project. those pads, i thought were 60 - 70 pounds... turns out they are 130 pounds, and that was all my back wanted.

it is a terrible thing when the body fails you, in doing things that seemed easy, just a few years ago.

if i had local friends, this would be easier if i had a helping hand...

i think today, i will dig all the holes first, then set the pads in them. maybe it will be a little easier that way.
the old saying, lift with your legs, not your back, is probably true, but last i checked, my arms attach to my back, not my legs. ;)

i truly hope i can get this done before winter... :unsure:

·
Registered
333 Posts
Good Morning...
There is an old saying...
"You know that you are getting old when your mind makes commitments that your body can no longer fulfill..."

Happens to us all...
Time was; I would just form and pour a foundation & pad... any more I, temporarily, use the garage...
Be careful, back injuries take for ever, and some never completely, heal.

Enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
5th Wheel Camper
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 ·
Good Morning...
There is an old saying...
"You know that you are getting old when your mind makes commitments that your body can no longer fulfill..."

Happens to us all...
Time was; I would just form and pour a foundation & pad... any more I, temporarily, use the garage...
Be careful, back injuries take for ever, and some never completely, heal.

Enjoy!
i think that statement rings very true... i get ambition to do stuff, but my body fails me far quicker than it used to.

i was able to survey out the support post heights, based off the tallest pad. the shortest post is 6 inches off the ground, so i expect a fair amount of ventilation underneath to keep things from rotting out quickly.
the posts are cut, and in place, with the sill ledger screwed on top. so now it is a matter of building the two beams, and setting the joists, followed by a vapor-barrier, and the flooring (Advantek, 3/4" tongue and groove edge).
i will then use a sacrificial tarp to protect the flooring while i set the metal tent-roof frame, and build the end-walls. once it is water-tight, i can cut the tarp at the wall edges, and paint it with 1-part epoxy paint to water-proof it.

·
Super Moderator
5th Wheel Camper
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #117 ·

rain today and yesterday, so no progress on the shed build...

·
Super Moderator
5th Wheel Camper
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 ·
Good Morning Campers :)

i built up the beam for one side of my CNC shed platform, and added the two end joists... and then ran out of steam when my back started to bother. tomorrow looks like a good day to continue progress, and i will try to get a picture of the progress so far.

the cement pads ended up in the wrong spots. the centers were measured for the outside dimensions of the platform, without taking into account the posts would be inside of this measurement... but fortunately, this shed will not be super heavy, so i don't think it will be too big an issue. too late to move them now, and i haven't the energy to re-plant them anyway.

·
Super Moderator
5th Wheel Camper
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
Good Afternoon Campers :)

quick update on my shed build... i have all the lumber parts cut to proper length, and i have only to wait for the next good weather day to screw it all together.

·
Super Moderator
5th Wheel Camper
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #120 ·

found this interesting idea on FaceBook:
Plant Tree Wood Grass Twig

looks easy enough to build, if you have a welder... :unsure:

101 - 120 of 134 Posts