• Haha
Reactions: travis.farmer

·
Super Moderator
5th Wheel Camper
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Good Morning Campers :coffee:

had some thunder storms last night, and now the internet seems to have dropped out for me... i am connected to the internet by using my 4G cellphone as a WiFi hotspot for my laptop computer...

in other news, i washed the solar panel for my camper, and for some mysterious reason, it is now keeping the battery charged. funny how little of a dirty-film over the panel can hinder it so much.
makes me think of the big solar-farm in my town. many many Many solar panels... and i wonder if they ever wash them.

Reactions: Happy Joe

·
Super Moderator
5th Wheel Camper
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·

it is a terrible thing, being unemployed, and apparently unemployable. (so far, nobody want's to employ a 42 year old autistic man...)

·
Registered
425 Posts
I have always viewed unemployment as a good time to go Camping!

...Focusing on shortcomings and "What if's" never helped anyone and never got any thing accomplished..

Self motivation and an "I'll do whatever it takes" attitude has pulled me through, so far.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Good Morning!...

The weather in the mountains is too cold for me right now so I'll spend the weekend at home...

I have been looking at cordless lawn mowers recently... can't decide on whether to replace the carburetor on an old gasoline mower or get a cordless machine;
I like the pollution elsewhere aspects of battery power but the highly rated cordless mowers seem to be a bit on the spendy side...

Enjoy!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Good Morning All!
It should be a great day today sunny and clear with highs in the lower 70's locally.

I'm thinking to call a few friends, get a few brews and fire up the propane firepit...
Maybe grill a few dogs and burgers...

Happy memorial day weekend!

Enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
5th Wheel Camper
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·

I have always viewed unemployment as a good time to go Camping!

...Focusing on shortcomings and "What if's" never helped anyone and never got any thing accomplished..

Self motivation and an "I'll do whatever it takes" attitude has pulled me through, so far.

Enjoy!
i mean no disrespect... i have Major Depressive Disorder. when i get depressed, there is no "i'll do whatever it takes" attitude possible. that is a complete polar opposite from how my brain is wired. depression is how the brain is wired, not simply an attitude. but not just that, depression at these levels are often a fatal mental illness, if not treated.
Motivation is like a gas tank, and mine has a hole in it right now. Motivation falls out as fast as i try to pour it in, and i am trying.
i have a ton of things i want to do, yet here i sit on my computer, talking to the few friends i have, just so i can stay afloat.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Good Morning!
...(greating the day is important).

I, too, am well acquainted with depression...
IMO everyone needs to find their own way to deal with it, as a last resort prescription chemicals are available.
I found early in life that doing something, accomplishing pretty much any thing, helps, especially if I can feel good or better about the result. By taking small steps I gradually got to the point where I can realize "I'm getting depressed"... then ask myself "What can I do?". At first it was what absolutely has to get done?... then tackling it in spite of not wanting to.

Some friends though had to go the chemical route...
Getting to the point where I can work through nearly paralyzing depression has been one of the great victories in my life, 'though I will almost certainly never be depression free.

Once I realized that I can control/influence my depression through action/activity, I started doing whatever it takes to accomplish ... whatever (often by ignoring/repressing the not wanting to/not feeling motivated feeling).
I still have a million things that should get done but most of the time, I just don't wanna... I try to do the easiest that will give me some positive results; this makes me feel better (at least temporarily) and moves something off the list..

(Right now its finding an acceptable, cordless lawn mower)... need to get.
While awaiting assorted parts from amazon to get the battery powered cooking thing fully operational (want to get)

Today is movie day (DVD from netflix) (hopefully, its a good one, and arrives today).
I need to call a few friends and set up something for next week (beginning of the month is beer, Pizza and friends ..(feel better) Friday/Saturday (& maybe plan some camping, or at least a trip to scope out potential sites...)

Enjjoy!

·
Super Moderator
5th Wheel Camper
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·

expecting rain, with possible thunder storms today. be a good day to not mow the lawn ;)

·
Registered
425 Posts
Good Morning!

DVD Thursday was a bust; I figure that it was delayed due to memorial day (like the trash pick up)...
Hopefully it will come today...a Liam Neeson movie is scheduled but the viewer reviews are iffy.
About the best movie, out on DVD, so far this year; Uncharted...

A long time friend called and we scheduled a small O-beer-:30 (beer & B.S.) get together for late this afternoon.

I found and ordered 2 different types of battery terminal posts; one insulated but fragile, another stainless (with some danger of shorts), to couple the batteries together, as a part of my flameless camp cooking project..

Received a second pair of 100 watt solar panels (400 wats total, now); pressure is rising to get them hinged together and some integrated stands built...

Managed to eliminate one brand from the cordless lawn mower list... Its getting slim; I may yet be forced to stay with gasoline...
Lawn mowing like painting is something I tend to avoid as long as possible... I see there are lawn mowing robots available, now, but they are really spendy so far... hope springs eternal, though!

Enjoy!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Good Morning!
The DVD came: Blacklight with Liam Neeson; a bout a corrupt head of the FBI... It was only fair; good enough to watch but I'm not about to run out and buy it.

The grass is getting longer (today's project is to make up my mind about the new lawnmower)...
and either get it on order or get a new carburetor for an old mower on order.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Good Morning!...
I received my cordless lawn mower yesterday...
Charged the batteries (two 24 volt lithium) last night and mowed the lawn this morning; it needed it... It went great, I am sold on cordless lawnmowers. Lighter weight and much easier to push and use, as well as being much quieter....
MUCH less hassle/work & pollution (no need to maintain flammible gasoline supplies at home)..

Enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
5th Wheel Camper
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
Happy Noon, campers!
even though it is just after lunch time, i thought i would check-in.
Put applications in to a few places, but still no job offers. but my spirits have been good, despite constant rejection. i guess being 42 precludes me from entry-level jobs, somehow.
I have however gotten a LOT done around the house, with my free time. half the lawn is finally done raking and mowing. now just the other half, when the weather is less rainy. only an acre of land, but with a bad back, and a heal bone-spur, i am not pushing myself too hard.

·
Super Moderator
5th Wheel Camper
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
Quiet around the old campfire...

i have been doing a few odd-jobs around, for work. nothing huge, though. installed a outside light, mowed a lawn, and all told, earned $20. not much, but it helps.

i keep looking at my camper, wondering if i would be better to sell it as-is, just for the money. but i haven't the heart to part with it.

·
Super Moderator
5th Wheel Camper
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·

noticed my camper is developing a lean to one side... like, one side is sinking...
i will have to hitch up and change out the now rotten pieces of plywood under the landing gear, for some cement pads that can take the weight a bit better, may also check the tires while i am at it, make sure they aren't losing air.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Good morning!
... It has been very warm (almost hot here, averaging high 90s hasn't hit 100 F yet, I don't think).
This morning I did a temporary install on a window air conditioner in the bedroom, hopefully it will help tonight...
I will need to make a run to Lowe's and get some aluminum extrusion to make it fit correctly (really hate having to re-engineer things that should work straight from the factory)...

Enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
5th Wheel Camper
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·

i woke up this morning with energy and motivation! :) not sure what goodness i will use it for, yet, but it is a nice feeling for a change. ;)

as far as the whole earning money thing... i have started putting a few things on FB Marketplace, though without any inquiries yet. i have a HFT 10KW generator head that i may put on too, though i am reluctant as i only need an engine to make that project work... but i have a E-drum kit and a 32 channel Mackie sound mixer on so far. both from projects that went nowhere.
i do have a Onan Microquiet 4000 RV generator i need to put back together and sell though. needs a control board i think. but really i don't know why it won't run (hence the sale ;) ). i may even put it in the market place here, once together (non-ship, local pickup), just to get the marketplace started. and if in the process of putting it back together, if it starts and runs, just makes it worth more. ;)

·
Super Moderator
5th Wheel Camper
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·

Going to try my hand at wood turning, on my Fathers lathe... if i get good at it, i can sell some of the stuff i make. :D if not, we will have some neat looking kindling for this winter... ;)

·
Registered
425 Posts
Good morning!
For a while I was looking to turn some alabaster on the machine lathe; untill the motor went up in smoke (while turning some PVC plastic parts)... Gotta love chinese quality...
I figure; if the ancient Egyptians could do it why not me?

I have always found turning to be fascinating... wood bowls are often beautiful.

Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
5th Wheel Camper
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·

the weekend is almost upon us, as is the holiday! make it a great one!

81 - 100 of 163 Posts