Camper Community Forums banner
21 - 40 of 82 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5th Wheel Camper
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Good Morning Camper Family :coffee:

sorry, i have not posted much lately. been going through a med change, and it is making me tired and uninterested in everything, so far. but i have been on tab with my duties, keeping the SPAM at bay (i hope).

i dug out my old hiking pack... now i just have to find where i misplaced my tent, and other stuff. may be easier on some stuff to just update to new, like my tent, maybe, that is over 15 years old, yet sadly unused... hey, i had full intentions to use it... now the desire is stronger.

~Travis

·
Super Moderator
5th Wheel Camper
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·

sorry i haven't posted much, as i have been going through some bad mental and physical challenges. i have an appointment to see what is going on on the physical front, today. i doubt it is the big C, but who really knows anymore.

~Travis

·
Super Moderator
5th Wheel Camper
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·

~Travis

·
Super Moderator
5th Wheel Camper
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Good Morning Campers :coffee:

for those who celebrate Christmas, i wish you a 🎄 Merry Christmas! 🎄
to all others i wish you a happy Friday! (i am not used to being politically correct, so forgive me if this is inappropriate ;) )

·
Super Moderator
5th Wheel Camper
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·

Happy New Year, and may this year be better than last year!

Cloud Sky Atmosphere Ecoregion Natural landscape

Took this picture at work a few days ago. shows the sun rising behind me, and adding color to the mountains. pretty good picture, i think, from a cell phone camera. ;)

·
Super Moderator
5th Wheel Camper
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
not really morning anymore... but Good Afternoon Campers! :D

Took this sunrise while working at another job. I think this time the camera on my cell phone really grabbed the sunrise colors.
Sky Cloud Atmosphere Snow Natural landscape

Not much going on this winter, other than work, and making plans for summer projects.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Good morning all!
Sping's a coming and soon the coffee will be prepared thusly;

Plant Plant community Tree Automotive tire Wheel

Enjoy!

• Love
Reactions: travis.farmer

·
Registered
133 Posts
Good morning!
Breaklfast today; a fried egg (over hard/broken yoke) and cheese, on toast; sandwich with (naturally) drip coffee strait up - black (Maxwell house)
I looked at the grocery store, last trip/yesterday; but thin sliced, lean bacon was not to be had... Perhapse some Jimmy Dean sausage next trip...

Enjoy!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Good morning,
breakfast today was another fried egg on toast with cheese and coffee sandwhich.
Today's project is to start design and fabrication on the next version of a solar panel stand.
the goal is to make one that keeps the panel generally pointed near at the sone and can be pushed into the ground so that it does not easily blow over.

Enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
5th Wheel Camper
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·

haven't posted much, due to medications issues, and not having any energy... i will try to do better. :D
Looking forward to spring, as my driveway is a big slab of ice right now (Maine, USA). so bad that my father slipped on it and got a concussion. :( he is doing better now, though still gets dizzy and tired at work. (had all the scans the hospital had to offer, and all showed fine).
just goes to show, life has the potential to change in an instant, when you least expect it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I awoke to 2 or 3 inches of fresh snow all over every thing... need to decide whether to get out the snow blower or try to sweep it.

Sorry to hear abut your father hopefully he will heal... appreciate your folks while you have them!
Tried one of those nutritional shakes for breakfast (trying to loose some weight)...
De-snowing the driveway and sidewalk will provide this morning's exercise.
then I can start cutting aluminum for the solar panel stands....(I like building stuff!)

Enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
5th Wheel Camper
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Good morning camper family :coffee:

some may know, most don't, but i run my own website servers, right in my bedroom. if you have never seen pro-grade rack-mount servers (bought used off eBay), you may not realize how much heat they generate.
i awoke this morning, at 1:30AM to a very hot (for sleeping. i like to sleep cold) bedroom, at about 78F. and that's with a window open 6 inches, in winter! i keep toying with the idea of moving them to the basement, and ducting the heat up into the house. ;)

so long story short, i am up much earlier than intended, and on a weekend, no less. ;)

·
Registered
133 Posts
A glorious good morning to all!...

Bright and sunny this morning (I slept in past dawn 'cause I was feeling lazy!
should get into the 50's F... so it will be really nice for this time of year....
Had a piece of nuked pizza for breakfast (yesterday was Friday/pizza night).

Yes, servers generate lots of heat because they use lots of energy... Not sure moving them to the basement would be a great idea in the summer but it would probably help in the winter.

This room (the den/library is normally warmer just from using this old desktop computer I also use it (with the 30" TV/monitor) for movies (slowly filling up a 6 Tb drive) and music.... the main entertainment computer is running 13-15 Tb.... thought about putting together a home server but the usage just doesn't justify it.

... the reason for the off line storage is in case of power grid failure... The camping batteries, and generators will keep me going with lights music and movies; if/when power failure happens. Independence is good!

Enjoy!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Good Morning all...
Its going to be another nice day (in the 60s according to the weatherperson)... did another egg and cheese on toast sand which (but managed to drop 2 eggs before they made it to the pan...) I should, probably, make the coffee first in the morning, as an eye opener! . ..trying to make breakfast with a case of sleepy eyes/fumble fingers is not conducive to keeping floors clean...

Hope all is well with everyone!

Enjoy!

• Haha

·
Super Moderator
5th Wheel Camper
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Good... well, afternoon, now :)

i got to get back to regular posting again... i have been slacking.

anyway... didn't go into work today, as my father (also employer) woke up dizzy this morning. likely related to the concussion he got 3 or 4 weeks ago. has a visit with his doc tomorrow, so i hope they can figure out what is happening.

but i am glad to have another poster here, so i am not the only regular poster now! :cool:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Good Morning!

Sorry to hear that your dad is having continuing problems... Healing slows as we get older, unfortunately; still hoping for the best.
Decided to start with a protein shake this morning (less messy)... I will pushthe morning cofee back to ... (NOW, ~10:00AM)...Trying to loose a bit of weight.
Its going to be a grey (possibly rainy) day here with highs in the upper fifties according to the picture radio...

...As long as I don't have to shovel it; I'm fine with most things...

Enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
5th Wheel Camper
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·

here where i am, in Maine, USA, the snow is quickly melting away. so as is typical for Maine... the weather says more snow, changing to rain. so the snow likely won't stick, but just the same, i would rather just rain, over snow and rain.
the ground around my camper is quite soggy, and impassable without muck-boots, so very little progress with my renovation.

·
Registered
133 Posts
The last snow is virtually gone locally (looking out the window the mountains still have plenty).
The weeds are still brown; the forecast today is 66 and sunny... much too warm for this time of year...
Did eggs over easy for breakfast...

Enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
5th Wheel Camper
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·

one of my many hobbies, that seems to be taking some priority over my camper renovation, is a large (48" X 48" working area) CNC router table i am putting together. it is my hope to be able to carve signs, and whatnot.

still working some on my camper, but due to snow melt, there is a small pond keeping me from getting into my camper.

also, building materials are getting expensive. a $1 - $2 stud (2" X 4" X 8' lumber) is currently about $8 - $9. and don't even get me started on plywood. ;)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hmmm... no body here...(sounds of crickets)...

Enjoy!

21 - 40 of 82 Posts