Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My kids and I headed out on a little trip in march of 2008. The night time temps got into the upper 30's and the coleman sleeping bags did not do as good of a job as they should have. Even though we spent a cold night in the woods everyone had a good time.

This picture is fropm the next day as my daughter is trying to get the fire going.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I thought I "roughed it" in a tent. You really ROUGH IT!!!!!

I could never sleep if I was too cold. Which is why I bought that HUGE canvas tent in my avatar. It holds heat very nicely!!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought I "roughed it" in a tent. You really ROUGH IT!!!!!

I could never sleep if I was too cold. Which is why I bought that HUGE canvas tent in my avatar. It holds heat very nicely!!!
You build a fire in your tent??

Oh, this trip was not roughing it, we brought some stools with us.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Oh Gosh... you will think I am such a feather weight!!!

I use a Coleman propane heater on the REALLY cold nights!!!

It is so funny, because I always thought that I was "primitive" with all these camper owners.

Now I am the "wuss". heheheheheh:rotflmao1:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My idea of roughing it is when I can fit all of my gear into a Jansport school backpack. I think its around 1,300 or 1,500 cubic inches. Its just a backpack that kids bring to school. The pack is about 10 - 13 years old and holds all of the gear that I need for an over night stay in warm weather. In the winter time I will break out my kelty pack.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts