Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband and I love to take our 3 boys camping. If we can camp along a creek, we're all happy! They boys will spend HOURS exploring, which means that we car able to sit and relax alongside the creek, be near them, but get some down time too. We loved going to Kooser State Park, it's small, very well kept, and could be right beside the creek. They have been working on it for some time, and those sites are not available. We are looking for somewhere to tent camp along a creek, no more than 2 hours away from the Pittsburgh area. Any ideas? Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I'm not too concerned with it being a little further away. I did look at it quickly, and will look a little closer again. It looks a little busier than we usually try. We've only been to 1 place that had a pool. When we camp, we like to stay at places that are away from all the activity. Thanks though, I'll keep it bookmarked!

·
Registered
505 Posts
If you open that link to private campgrounds and scroll down, "The River" in Connellsville speaks of creek swimming. Maybe you could check them out!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts