Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!! I've been camping ALL my life -- and I'm now 46. I am greatly enjoying taking my kids (now 11, 9, and 6) to many of the places I went camping at their age.

We also have a number of favorite places that we return to often.

We love the time together as a family, and seeing so much of the country. We also enjoy biking as a family, and take along our full set of bikes whenever we can.

Dodge Ram 1500 Crewcab, Nomad Joey 24ft TT (three kids bunks, no pushouts, no foldouts, and full queen for mom and me), and a RempRack bike rack for our 5 bikes.

Gonna need a new truck soon. Looking for something more efficient. Anyone know about the new Ford EcoBoost 6 cyl??

·
Registered
970 Posts
I thought this was the diesel engine Ford was planning to put in the 1/4 ton F-150 trucks to increase the torque and towing for that class of truck. The gas engines are decent but not as efficient as diesels when it come to tows and loads.

This might be a slight increase in truck capability from your current Ram 1500 (year?) but I wouldn't expect too much since the 1/4 ton hardware (frame, springs, brakes, suspension, etc.) are still in play. There's more to towing power than just the engine and transmission.

Have fun shopping!

·
Registered
735 Posts
Welcome :welcome: to the forum. The f150 v6 ecoboost is a nice option with some huge power. 11,000lbs of towing! WOW! looking to get it myself. I'm going to wait it out and see how they do. I'm a huge Ford guy. Come from a very long line of Ford employees over the years.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the input on the Ecoboost. I've done a bit more research, and it seems that dealers are now getting them, and some people are reporting their experience. One guy is pulling a 5000 lbs trailer, and getting 16 mpg. No power issues. Sounds good to me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.