Camper Community Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just 10 more days and we'll be on our way on our first camping trip of the year.:thumbup1: I can't wait! All I have left to do is stock the fridge and we are on our way. Wish us luck!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Good luck! Be here before you know it! Yall taking a long weekend, or just the friday-sunday usual?

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This trip is just a quick Friday to Sunday trip to brush up our camping skills and it's close to home too. At least we're camping. The rest of the summer we made our own long weekends. It's going to be a busy one! We have to fit in as much camping as we can before the whaite stuff falls to the ground again.......I don't dare to say that bad word.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Man, I hate to think that you already have to worry about that the white stuff again lol... Hope your weather is good for your first trip

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thing is, we had so much of it this year, more than I think we ever had. I hope the weather stays good too. Rain or shine, it sure beats working any day.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Hope you guys have a great trip Antigua, we just got back from our second one of the year and the best one so far.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Eh l2l, Where did you go?

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just 2 more days, I can imagine your chomping at the bit by now. You all set and loaded, other than last minute items?
You bet I was! And we're back! We had a great time. What a great campground. Eral Rowe Provincial Park. Our site was huge! :shocked: I couldn't believe it. All the sites where we were were huge. I kept watching the weather reports which was calling for thunder storms and rain but the only time that it rained was Saturday morning at arou 5:30am. I was sleeping I didn't really care. By the time we got up it had stopped an the sun came out. Last Monday my son started to get sick with a cold. It got so bad that I have to take him into the doctors on Thursday to get him checked out. 1 day before camping. I ended up getting the cold on Tuesday and this one is bad. So we both got checked out, Liam had a bronchial infection and I had a chest infection. We both ended up on meds. I was thinking of canceling the whole trip and staying home for the weeked when Michelle started to get sick on Thursday but I said the heck with that, LETS GO CAMPING! The kids had a blast, the rain held up and we had a great time. Besides, Emily had her bags packe for this trip on Monday. She was ready to go! I couldn't let her down.
Well while we were there we soon realized that we forgot a whole bunch of stuff, no big deal but annoying none the less. At least we were very close to town.
2 more weeks and we'll be off again to Happy Hills for Canada Day long weekend. We camp with some friends every year there and have a blast. All together we'll have 8 young kids 6 adults and 2 dogs. It gets really loud! I must remeber to bring the ear plugs.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Wow, sounds like you had a lot going on for the first trip of the year. Glad you stuck with it, since it seemed to work out ok in the end. Hate everyone got sick, that seems to be the way it goes right before doing something.

So what is Canada Day, is that similar to our Labor Day? I assumed it was since you said it was a long weekend, but I have never heard it called that before.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's Canada's Birthday. It used to be called Dominion day. 141st anniversary of Confederation, we also mark the founding of the Canadian state 400 years ago.
Here's a link that expains more if interested.
Celebrate Canada! - Canada Day
I guess like your Independence day. fireworks and party time with friends and family.
Labour day is Sept 1st. Just before school!

·
Registered
139 Posts
That makes since, that would be like you said our July 4th holiday (independance day). Definitely fireworks and party time!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts